Chapter 21

It's been a week now since I got back. Since Lana almost killed me again, since I've seen or heard from mom or Rae. But quite honestly, I feel like I don't have to worry anymore. Rae's got mom, and I got Ashton. But as for the whole Lana situation, I don't know. I don't know if she knows where I live - where we live - I don't even know if she's willing to sneak onto Ashton territory like that.

Who am I kidding? This girl is literally 25 years old, she tricked me all this time, and shes a psychopath. Now I wouldn't really be that surprised if she managed. Usually anyone would be terrified because they can attack someone at anytime, but im with Ashton all the time now. From the moment he lives for work, to the moment he comes back home, and wakes back up for work. Ever since I got attacked and injured, he's been very...strict of what I can do.

But honestly, I prefer to just stick with him. Even if he refuses I go somewhere with him, I still go. Just like my mom's house. I forgot my suitcase at her house and I needed to get it back cause it had all my clothes in it. Ashton didn't want me to go because he didn't want me to talk to her or even see her. But I still ended up going, I just stayed outside the door. My mom was scared, I can tell she thought he was going to tell at her or even hurt her. But he didn't cause he is a respectful mate, even though if I said do whatever you want, men would have ripped her head off.

But anyways, my wound is getting better. I make sure I'm not walking on it too much, just so it can heal faster. The next full moon will literally make it even worse, that's why it's important that it heals fast. But as for Rae, well her strength dropped all the way down. Which means her transformation will be as painful a pups, and those transformations fell like death. But I'm not going to pitty her, she has her new life and I have mine.

Ashton walks out of the bathroom with the first aid kit on hand. He sits across from me, and unties the bandage from my thigh. "Its getting better, you should be ok by next week." Ashton explains, as he wraps it up with a new bandage.

I nod at him, as I watch him. "Hey Ashton?"

He lifts his head up to me. "Yes Aspen?"

"Do you think my leg will be good enough to...uh...go hunting?" I ask straight forwardly.

He gives me a stern look, that any parent would give their child. "We've been through this. You're not going hunting, even if you leg is fine."

I glare at him with a pout. "Why not? I don't understand, you'll be with me."

He sighs, and ties the bandage. "Its my job to go hunting, and I know that upsets you. And on top of that, someone wants to kill you and we don't even know who it is!" I know who it is...

I roll my eyes and look away from him. "How can I convince you?"

I look back at him, and watch him shake is his head annoyed. "You can't. Nothing you do can convince me. I stick to my word on that, so no more at going hunting."

"We'll see..." I mumble, making Ashton shake his head again and gets up from the bed. He takes the first aid kit and puts it back in the bathroom.

Suddenly, a though comes to mind. I wonder if he's willing to talk about his past? I mean he wanted to tell me about it, and I already found his stuff on the second floor so...now I wonder if I should bring it up. I don't to be in another fight with him cause look where that got us. But on the other hand I want to know fully know what I saw.

I take a deep breath. "Hey, Ashton." He walks out of the bathroom and looks at me.

"Yes Aspen?" He asks, crossing his arms across his chest.

I run a hand through my hair before asking him. "Do you want to talk about your past?" The look on his face means I caught him off guard. "You don't have to, I mean its just an idea." I say quickly after.