Chapter 25

And like that they left. Leaving me struck and now annoyed of how he just left like that. He can't just say that and leave on a dangerous trip to find Lana, where he could die! I mean, who does that?! My heart is beating very fast and my stomach has this anxious and nervous feeling. Oh god...no. Please no...

I take a deep breath and try very hard to forget about it. Ok, now, knowing Ashton and his stubbornness he's probably gonna skip going to Mercanry territory because he is believing everything Alpha Jones says. So, my intentions are to go to Mercanary territory for him instead. Might as well right? Better to have more people look for her.

But I'll wait a little since I don't want to run into Hunter or Ashton. They'll probably send me back here, and Ashton will have his lecture about protecting me again, and im not interested in hearing it again. I go back inside, an decide to change. I put on black high waisted jeans, with an over sized beige crew neck that I tuck into my jeans. I brush through my hair one last time and put a hair tie on my wrist, before grabbing black army boots out of my suitcase and putting them on.

I head to the kitchen and pour myself a glass of water that i down in one go. I also grab an apple but take my time in eating it. I jump on the counter, and enjoy my apple. I turn myself around, so that I can look outside the window. Our trees are much darker tgen Ailings trees, I just noticed that. Our trees are really dark and tall. But Ailings trees are medium sized and a light green, they look more alive I guess you could say. I get off the counter and go right up to the bay window so get a better look outside. The ground has no grass, only a few plants here and there. The dirt is dark and hard. I really never noticed how different it was before, but I like it better this way.

Once I'm finished with my apple, I head out the front door, locking it just in case. I look around making sure no one near, then start to quickly start to head off to the middle ground where all wolf packs connect. Hopefully no one is wondering around, cause Ashton specifically told all to say tom send safe until he says it's clear.

5 minutes later I end up at the end of our territory, and looks around at all the packs making sure I don't see anyone. I rush off towards Mercanry territory, and almkst immediately, I notice several males throwing knives, or fighting. How could I forget? Shit, ok. I try my best to be discrete and hide behind the trees.

I run tree by tree, and hiding behind which ever one iss closest when one of them looks in my direction. I pray that one of them doesn't catch my scent, cause that just ruin everything. I does this for a couple more minutes until I don't see anyone else. I look around just in case then step out onto the path. I hurry to where all the houses are.

Like the last time I was here, males are working, along with their little one, or teenage ones. As I walk by, I notice Rae's house, and I see that Matthew is out side with a cigar. I look away from him hoping he didnt or doesn't see me. I suddenly slow down now remembering; I have no idea where she lives. I throw my head and groan silently. I look around, hoping to see someone that I could trust, or someone I know can help.

But no one. Until...Rae comes to mind. I close my eyes and sigh. I clench my fists then realese them. She's my only choice at this point. I head back a little, and stop at Rae's house. Matthew is no longer on the porch, so I'm gonna hope he either left for work or Rae can answer the door now. I take a deep breath, before walking up the steps - making sure I take my sweet time.

Inches away from the front door, my hand in the shape of a fist is hovering over the door. I take my take my hand away, then look around once again. But then, I take a double take. As if god heard my prayers, I see Adam - Lana's mate - walking out of a house. My jaw drops and moves away from their front door, and rush down the 4 steps. I start jogging towards the house I saw him come out of, feeling relived that I didn't have to talk to Rae or Matthew.