Chapter 17

My eyes go wide, and I start breathing faster. "What?! What's wrong with Rae?!"

"She's ill...very ill." Mom says with her voice breaking.

No! I swear if it's-- "Is it the blood illness?" I close my eyes and clench my fists praying that that's not it. But when my mom doesn't answer, i stop breathing and almost drop the phone.

"She called me last night and told me...I didn't know how to tell you, I'm sorry sweetheart..." Mom says, but I'm not really listening anymore, tears block my vision, my grip on Ashton's phone getting very tight.

"Are you with her?" I manage to ask.

"I'm planning on moving her back home with me. But for right now no." Mom explains, but I just shake my head annoyed and angry.

"No mom! She can't move between packs! She's too weak to come back home, she has to stay with her mate, in her new pack! Ok?!" I explain out of breath and worried.

Mom heavys a sigh. "I understand that Aspen! But we can't just walk onto their territory! It's disrespectful and rude!"

I roll my eyes, then look at Ashton who has his arms crossed while leaning on the counter. "Don't worry about that, meet me at the center of all pack at 9."

"Aspen--"

"Mom, nine. O'clock. Period. Goodbye." And on those last word I hand up and slide his phone back to him. I run my hands through my hair and lean on my elbows. I look at Ashton who puts his phone away, and bite my nails.

"I need you to tell the Alpha that my mom and I are coming to see my sister." I say, but Ashton looks at me blankly. "And I know you got through to the Alpha, so why the hell didn't you tell me?!" I hiss.

Ashton's eyes flare up. "Well for one, I can't just declare you are going to walk through his territory and stay with your sister! Two, I didn't know what the hell was wrong with your sister, but I told him to tell her to call your mother! And three, you're not leaving!" My eyes widen at his last words.

"What?! No! You can't do that!" I exclaim sharply.

Ashton shrugs and moves away towards the couch. "Yes, I can actually."

No he can't! I glare at him and clench my fists. "Really? And how do you plan on keeping me here then?"

"Lock you in my office, lock you in our house, lock you anywhere so you can't leave my terriotoy." Ashton says calmly, which makes me even more upset.

"You would keep me locked in if I hadn't done what I did." I hiss at him, making him snap his head towards me.

He narrow his eyes at me. "You wanna bet?"

His threatening voice never worked on me because I knew he wouldn't hurt me, or do anything stupid that concerns me. I let a silence fall. "Whatever, I'm going to the bedroom, have fun here."

I walk away from the kitchen, and into the bedroom. I kick up my suitcase that is still not unpacked and put it on the bed. I grab any clean clothes, and stuff it into the suitcase. If he thinks I'm going to stay here locked up then he has another thing coming for him. I brush through my hair on3 lsdt time befote packing it up, and finally closing my suitcase. I take it off the bed, and set it on the floor.

I look up and notice Ashton standing in the door frame. We stare into each others eyes for a while until he walks away. I stand there and look around the room not knowing what to do. I walk towards the door, and turn my head to where he walked away. He walked to the stairs that leads to the second floor. Great.

I follow the way he went, and stop when I get to the bottom of the stairs. I hear very light mumbling from upstairs, making me even more curious then ever. What is he doing? I slowly walk up the stairs and turn to the right corridor. I try to be quiet, but when the mumbling stops I know he sensed me. I turn into the room that is jammed with boxs, and see Ashton in the far back in front of a box.