Chapter 18

The next morning, i wake up early so I can head to Rae's house. It weird sleeping in my old bed, and it's weird being back home. You know? No Ashton annoying me, no Ashton waking me up early to make him breakfast, and just...No Ashton at all. I get out of my bed and put my ring back on my finger. I get changed into a white crew neck, and pair of dark jeans.

I quickly head down stairs and out the front door. I make my way to the beginning of the territory, then cross over into Mercanary territory. I follow the same path from last night, but this time I notice males and younger males scattered around the forest with bow and arrows in hand. I hurry quickly past them so they don't notice I'm not from their pack.

I walk to Rae's house and knock on the door quietly. A few moments later her mate opens the door. I still don't know his name. He invites me, then closes the door behind me.

"She's awake. You can go up." He says to me, and I nod at him with a smile. I walk up the stairs, and slowly open the door. Rae looks at me, and her eyes light up again.

"Mom's not with you, is she?" Rae asks making me smike and shake my head.

"No don't worry." I say walking over to her. "Ok, this may be painful, but you need to shower, change clothes and brush your hair."

Rae widens her eyes at me, and shakes her head frantically. "No no no, Aspen, you don't understsnd...I litterly can't move..."

"Rae, you can move! It will hurt, and I'm sorry if it feeking like you getting stabbed, but I'm gonna ask you this. Did dad stop doing anything for our family?" Rae looks away from me, and shakes her head. "Exactly! So I'm gonna help you, and if you fall, I fall, Ok?!" She lokks back at me, and looks at me considerate, and nods ever so slightly.

I pull the sheets off her and notice how skinny she's gotten. I pull her legs sideways so they're hanging off the bed. I take a deep breath before grabbing her under her armpits and hosting her up. She winces and collapses in my arm. I hold her tightly, and lift her back up on her feet. Our eyes meet and her eyes are filled with tears. I nod at her, and slowly, very slowly I help her take a step. Then another, and another, and another until we reach the bathroom.

Tears are flowing down her face, to go doubt because of the pain. "Ok Rae, you got this. Only three more steps. Look," I say enthuistatcily, gesturing to the bath. She nods ever so slightly. I take another breath an we slowly begin to walk towards the bath. Three steps later, I set her down on the edge and support her back, as I help her take he clothes off.

She cringes when she's half naked under my gaze. I huff. "Ok, do you really think i care?"

She shrugs weakly. "I feel old."

I look at her amused, then shrug jokingly. "I mean you're turning 26."

She let's out a offended laugh, and smiles at me sadly. "Ok come on old lady, get in." I help her settle in the hot water, and the fill a cup with water.

Her skin is this blue, purple, grey pale mixture that makes her look dead, and kinda like a zombie, but I would never say that go her. I even think you can see some if her blood. I shake it off and carefully poor the water on her head. I cover her eyes and watch the water poor dien her hair and over my hand. I fill the cup again and poor it more on her hair. I keep on doing that up her hair is soaked. I then take her shampoo and lather it over her long he says and tangled hair.

I carefully poor the water over her soapy hair, making sure none of it gets in her eyes. I then get a cloth and put body wash on it. She reaches a shaky hand out towards it, but I look at her sternly.

"I need to learn how to adapt to this, so...let me try...please." Rae says in a soft begging voice, that I carefully hand her the cloth. She slowly cleans her body with her, and watch her making sure she's ok. She hands the cloth back to me when she's done, and rinse it and put it to the side. I let her soak in the warm water for a little, then grab a towel to help her dry off.