Chapter 15

This morning Ashton woke me up earlier then when I usually wake, which is 10:00. Any other day, I would have been annoyed, but today, well I don't think my mood can come down today. Ashton and I take showers, then we head to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. We get changed quickly, then head to Ashton's car.

The place was in a mundane area, so I was going to assume they didn't know Ashton as "Alpha" or me as "Alpha Female". Not going to lie, I'm glad I won't have random males and lonely females bowing their heads to me. On the way there, Ashton keeps silent, but so do I. It's now become a habit of me staring down at the ring on my finger.

I look up from my hand, and notice we're in mundane territory now. Like the last time we came here, mundanes are walking about on the sidewalks, with their fur coats on and bags or purses in hand. It sometime disgusts me when I think that a mundane could be wearing wolf fur. Well, I'm sure it would disgust any wolf.

Ashton's voice suddenly breaks my train of though. "Come on, let's go." I look to the drivers seat and see him already gone. My head snaps to the other side of me, and I see my door is open, and Ashton is stand there with his hand reached out for me. Wow, I was so lost in thought that j didn't even realise that we - one - arrived and - two - Ashton got out of the car and opened my door for me without me even realising. I feel very stupid, and I don't like that.

I decide not to take his hand, cause of the small embarrassment I just felt. I hate to do that with him, I really do. We've been getting to know each other for a month now, and we're both finally starting to get to understand and trust each other more now. But no matter what, I still have my pride and my independence, so him catching me off guard like that didn't make me feel strong.

The cold air sweeps my face. Feeling me cheeks becoming pink from the cold and embarrassment, I look down at the ground, watching both Ashton and I's footing.

"Hey, Aspen?" Ashton starts.

"Yes?" I respond, still not looking up.

"What are you doing? Why do you look so distant from me?" Ashton asks. I sneak a glance up at him, then sigh.

Should I? Should I tell him? Will he think I'm stupid for acting this way? Is it stupid? Oh god! See, I don't even know if it's stupid or not! Because as long as im protected, it doesnt matter. That's what I always say to myself, but seeing as its different now, i dont think i can do that. It wouodnt be fair.

"You caught me off guard." I state, making him look at me confused. I state upon to his intense and pretty eyes.

"And?" He asks.

I shrug."I don't know. I don't like it when people do that, it makes me feel vulnerable and weak."

Ashton looks at me surprised, but then looks away shaking his head with a smile on his face. "Not gonna lie, I like it when you're all vulnerable," I look up at him with a glare. He glances at me. "It makes doing my job as a mate and Alpha easier, other than me not having anything to protect cause you can do that on your own."

I smile at him. "Don't get used to it. I choose when I want to be a bitch and when to be a sugar plum fairy, Ok?"

He let's out a little laugh, and opens the door for me. We walk and I notice two door on opposite sides that read "Court room". Straight ahead there are two separate lines that lead to a woman and a man. They look elegant and professional. We get into a line, and wait.

When we got to the front, the man gave us a bunch of documents, that only took a little bit of time filling out. We signed the marriage certificate, but to be honest it honestly doesnt even feel like we married. Cause usually - mundanes - have this big ceremony and party, but for us, marriage doesn't matter. Mating is all that matters to us.