Chapter 11

After about a minute or two of howling, wolves of different packs go their separate ways. I start heading towards the river where most of the wolves go to drink water. But it's good water. I don't know how to explain it, it tastes more fresh, clean, pure...ya I don't know, but I'm looking forward to it. As I walk I notice that - from a distance - there is a wolf, a big wolf watching me and following me. I narrow my eyes at the male, a start to trot.

Noticing how big the wolf is, their is no doubt that he is apart of the Blood Wolf Pack. I keep turning my head as I pick up my pace a little. If I am correct, and that male is apart of the Blood Wolf Pack, I shouldn't be worried right? Ashton said that as long as people know I'm his no one would try anything.

His. That word. I shudder, I don't know what's changed in me, I don't even know if it's because of the full moon that's making my desire go all over the place. But his, being his, I am his. I don't really know how I feel about it all. I mean, we both got glimpses into our pasts, and I hate to admit it, but I know it's brought us closer.

But remembering the male wolf, I look behind me again, he's seemed to slowed down, but his eyes never leave me. Annoyed, I run off, cutting off other wolves, as I zigzag through them towards the river. Not even looking back, I dash through wolves, bushes, branches, and leaves, before I even reach it. But when I do, my eyes sparkle. The moon light reflects into the slow streaming river. The trees, grass and wolves making it look beautiful. I slowly walk towards the river happy.

I lean my neck down, as I start to lick and drink the water in peace. The other wolves that have joined, and were here before me are doing the same. I look around again to admire the full moon. It shines in my eyes, and I look away feeling at bay. Sudeenly I stop drinking the refreshing water, when a thought comes to my mind. No one other than Lana has seen me in my wolf formation before. Not even Ashton.

But yet, it doesn't make me nervous, scared or anxious. I haven't felt any of those in a while, and I would like to keep it that way. I look around at the wolves and notice that most look the same. Like their fur - black, dark brown, light brown, white, grey, and reddish brown. You know, all wolves have either one of those colours. It's usually matches with the colour of their hair, I haven't seen one wolf in all my time that was an actually colour other than a shade or brown.

Ok! Enough distractions! Just drink the water Aspen. Drink the water. Drink the wate...wait...my head slowly rises again. I said reddish brown hair, right? Across from me, my eyes meet with dull green ones. No no no! This can't be! There's no way! The exactly colour of her hair, exact same eye colour, exact same bitchy face. I swear, if this is...Celeste...I'm going to lose it.

The female narrows her eyes at me, and I do the same. She growls, showing her large sharp teeth. Her claws come rushing out, as if it were a reflex. I growl back, but stop suddenly when I hear a howl. I look to the left, but slowly my eyes and head lift up. A pure white wolf, with piercing golden eyes stares down at the wolves. Alpha Calaban. Not the wolf I want to see, but whatever. He is standing on an almost small cliff. He is soon joined by four other wolves. I recognise Alpha Alaris, that's pretty much it. Until a wolf catches my eye. He has all black fur, and his eyes...His eyes are his eyes.

Ashton's. He looks gorgeous. He is a big wolf, but his fur blows a little in the cold Autumn breeze. His eyes find mine, and I can't tell if he knows it's me or not. He should, I mean, I've been living with this guy for almost a month now! His yellowish green eyes penetrate me, I stare back at him blankly, but moments later he looks away from me. What a guy...the Alpha's sit on the small cliff looking down at us, well not all of them. Alpha Calaban, and the Alpha of the Astute Wolf Pack head away and leave from the cliff.