Chapter 27

The fact that we've been here for 20 minutes really tells you something. It tells you that our case isn't as important as this woman is making it out to be. We wouldn't have hurt her or her child, so this is just ridiculous. But hearing parents or even cops yell is not making me what to stay here any longer. I bounce my leg impatiently as I watch the little boy play with an action figure in front of us.

Ashton nudges me gently. I look at him and he gestures for me to calm down with his hand. I lift my leg up and hold it, now starting to bite my nails. I look at Ashton and notice he still didn't stop looking at me. He shakes his head and takes my hand away from mouth. He leans towards me. "Calm down Aspen, everything going to be fine, nothing to worry about."

"Maybe not here." I whisper back at him, making him a run through his hair. "Ashton we don't have time to be here. Who knows what-" I stop when Ashton grabs my face with his hands and squeezes me cheeks.

"Stop talking and chill out." He says giving me a pointed look. He let's go of my face, causing me to pout. I look over my shoulder to see Hunter smirking as he read one of the mundane magazines.

He looks up at me and mouths: "old married couple." I glare at him and turn my head around again. Oh whatever.

Suddenly, a really buff man comes out and his cold eyes narrow at us. "You four, come with me!" His deep voice ehcos out through the waiting room. I look at Ashton taken aback by this man. He shakes his head again, and beckons Hunter over a he puts a hand at the small of my back. The woman walks after the policeman first, then me, then Ashton, and then Hunter.

"Sit right there and dont talk." He demands, as he points to four chairs outside of a room, which I think is the questioning room. I narrow my eyes at him as he turns and walks away. He can't demand us to do anything - Well, maybe the woman - but not us. The man then comes back with a notepad in his hand. His cold and tired eyes land on me. "You'll go first."

I look at Ashton who is glaring with his eyes narrowed at the officer. I touch his forearm gently to calm him down as I get up. Ashton follows me with his eyes, as I walk into the room across from us. It's has see through windows, so I can at least see Ashton. I settle down in the chair and shift uncomfortably. I look down at my hand and start playing with my ring.

My head shoots up when he starts talking. "So," he clears his throat as he reads what's on the nite pad that is placed in front of him. "You are a witness of Miss. Bayham." I nod at him. I'm gonna guess Miss. Bayham is that lady. "Right, and do you know why you here right know, miss?"

I nod at him. "I'm here as a witness, sir." I twist my ring around my finger, wanting very badly to be anywhere else.

"Right and Miss. Bayham found three huge wolves out in the forest this evening. Do you know anything about those wolves Miss?" He asks giving me a very serious and hard look. I narrow my eyes at him.

"No sir. We three were just taking a walk when we heard Miss. Bayham scream. We wanted to see what had happened. But nothing else, we didn't see anything wolves. Or giant ones for that matter." I say calmly, but seriously, trying to keep a poker face.

The officer looks at me for a moment without saying anything. "You didn't anything? Nothing...at all?"

"No sir." I say sternly, trying very hard to hide my annoyence. He's getting very suspicious all of a sudden and it's giving me a weird vibe.

He leans back in his chair and raises his eyebrows. He doesnt seem to believe me, and I don't know why. I mean, it was actually us that Miss. Bayham saw, but...how would he know that?

"Alright then miss, please wait outside, I need speak with Miss. Bayham." The officer ssys, making me nod and quickly get up from my seat. He follows after to me and opens the door for me. "Miss. Bayham." He calls her. She jumps up from her seat and rushes inside. I take a seat next Ashton, glad I don't have to speak with him anymore.