Chapter 19

Anger, annoyed, hurt and all those negative emotions make me crazy! I rush down their stairs, not bothering to watch where I'm going. I look down at my ring and hold my left hand tightly. I speed walk in some random direction, letting the cold air envolpe me. My hair blows in almost every direction, but I don't care at this point. Watching the ground go faster beneath my feet satisfies me, almost hypnotizes me in a way.

So much so that I almost didn't feel or hear the person that i rammed into. I stop when they call out to me obviously annoyed. I turn around, and this person - Well male - looks very familiar. Brown eyes, dirty blond hair, a little facial hair, tall and muscular. I rack my mind of where I've seen him before and then suddenly it hurts me. Mating ceremony, he was the one I caught staring at Lana and I. What a weird coincidence.

"Look what you did!" His deep voice breaking me out of my thoughts. I look at the ground to see that he dropped his coffee, as well as some arrows.

I roll my eyes at him. "Calm down, you can easily pick those arrows back up, and you should have known better then to bring a cup of coffee out."

He narrows his eyes at me. "Sure! But you should have been looking where you were going for christ sake!"

I huff and fold my arms across my chest. "Last time I checked, it takes two to knock someone or something over. So watch yourself next time!"

He moves closer to me and starts to take in a hushed voice. "You think you can just waltz into Mercanary territory? You think just because you an Alpha Female you have power over us?" I back away from him, with my eyes wide. How the hell...? "Ya thats right! I know who you are Aspen Bonofiglio, so I suggest you watch yourself!"

"How do you know who I am?!" I hiss, making him smirk.

"I look familiar don't I?" He asks, and I just narrow my eyes at him, keeping my guard up, not once letting it come down. He chuckles. "Well good, I'd be surprised if you didn't remember me. Anyways I shoukd be going," he slowly starts walking off until he turns back to me with smug look on his face. "Oh! And I'll take sure to tell Lana you say hi."

My eyes widen and I furrow my eyebrows, and he stops suddenly looking sarcasticly surprised. "Oh? She didn't tell you? Oops, I guess I will then...I'm Adam...her mate."

"What do you want from me?! Cause apparently, you're making it seem like you menat to bump into me!" I hiss at him.

"I wanted many things from you. You see, you were my first choice and Lana was my second, but since Mr. Big shoot Alpha claimed you before anyone else could, you weren't really on my mind anymore." Adam explains with a little sarcasm in his voice. And if Ashton heard him right now, he's probably be dead on the spot...not like I'm complaining.

"Tell Lana that she doesn't have to worry about me being here, cause I'm leaving." I say, before turning around and continuing on my way. I feel eyes gazing saying down on my back, and I automatically start fiddling with my ring. Oh Ashton...we got into a fight at the wrong time. I need you right now.

I get this feeling now, that since I talked to Adam, Lana will definitely be the next one. I have this paranoia feeling that everyone is watching me, including Lana. That she will be ready to attack me at any moment, that anyone will not recognise me and confront me about it. Ugh! Ok, that's enough Aspen!

Hmm...I wonder if I can ask the Alpha to borrow his phone so I can contact Ashton? Maybe not, don't want to risk anything. He was kind enough to let us stay here. But wait...how did he know? Oh whatever, doesn't matter. Now realizing where I am, I notice the Alpha's building. It's big and all brick, the door isn't glass like Ashton's, it's like metal or something like that. After taking in what it looks like I decide to head back to mom at the house.