Chapter 9

The next morning, I make up with a punting headache, which brings me back to yesterday's events. Lonely. Not lonely. Lana. Fight. Blood. On the verge of death. Rain. Ashton...

I look besides me and notice he's not there. I sit up in bed, and rub my head. I notice the door creaked open a little bit. Did he go to work? On a Sunday? Even though he said we would talk in the morning? I sigh, and manage to get out of bed. I go towards the mirror, and look at myself. I have dark circles under my eyes, my eyes not fully open, my hair a mess, and my mood showing through me. Tired and feeling lazy.

I run my hand through my hair, as I look at the door that creaked open. Ashton appears in the door frame, shirtless, looking a little surprised. I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "You're up. I wasn't expecting that." I shrug and take a small step towards, as he walks towards me. He carries a plate in one hand, and a glass with water in the other.

I tilt my head to the side, with a small smile. "You made this?" I say pointing to the waffles on the plate.

He bites his lip looking away. "Well, not exactly. I bought the ones that go in the freezer and than put in the toaster. But ya, I guess you could say I made them." I giggle at him, as I take the plate and walk over to the bed. I place the plate on my night stand, and sit cross-legged, as Ashton comes to join me by sitting in front of me.

I take a piece of a waffle, dip it into the maple syrup, than eat it. Ashton places the glass of water on my night stand, then looks back at me. "How are you feeling?" He asks with a concerned look on his face.

I shrug nonchalantly, as I finish chewing. "I'm tried." I say looking between him and at my food.

"I bet." He says, as I look at him a little confused.

"Why?"

He sighs. "Well, it's was way past midnight when I found you, just a meter away from our territory, completely naked and passed out in the pouring rain. You had all these deep and bloody cuts all over you body." He says while shaking his head, his eyes glance down at my stomach, but then come back to my eyes.

"How'd you find me?" I ask, watching him run a hand through his hair.

"I got home, a little later than 1:00, and I was hungry and angry. Not knowing you made me dinner, I walked past the note but stopped suddenly when I saw it out the corner of my eyes. I read it over and over again, and it kept making me think that you ran away. But I knew something was wrong when you didn't return. I had this sort gut feeling, so I rushed out of the house to find you. But lucky for me I could smell your sent, and that's when I found you. I brought you back home, and that's when you started gaining consciousness again."

I stare at him. I guess with the full moon coming closer his wolf senses were on peak. Thank God for that. Ashton then gets up from the bed, and comes right up to me, feeling my forehead. "Lie down, I'll be back." I nod, and lie down, as he disappears into the bathroom. I hear the water run from the sink, than stop. Ashton comes back out with a wet cloth.

He lays it down on my forehead gently, and I feel the hot water contract with my skin. I close my eyes, feeling relaxed. "You're just gonna have to leave it on for at least 15 minutes, Ok?" I nod in agreement. "I'll be back, I just need to make a phone call." I nod again.

I wonder...should I....or...no...I think I should...I mean...oh to hell with it!

"Ashton!" I call out to him, making him stop in the door frame, and turn to me. He raises an eyebrow. I open my mouth, very hesitant. "Um...you didn't ask why."

"Why What?"

I clear my throat uncomfortable. "Why I'm not annoyed with you for...uh...carrying me...naked..." I wince in embarrassment, I don't look at him. I hear him chuckle, then feel his eyes all over me.