Chapter 22

I pull Ashton through the forest, with a big smile on my face. He obviously doesn't like the rain, and how it gives off that uncomfortable feeling, but I don't really care. I suddenly stop and twirl myself, still holding onto Ashton's hand. I notice him trying not to smile, which makes me giggle.

"You're such a child Aspen." Ashton says shaking his head and looking up at the sky, closing his eyes as he does so.

"Hey, I only act like a child when I'm really happy. And right now - standing in this rain soaking wet - makes me really happy!" I say letting go of Ashton's hand and lifting my arm up to the sky, feeling the rain fall onto my palms.

I sudeenly feel Ashton's arms hug my waist, and lift me up. He throws me over his shoulder, making me cry out in surprise. I start laughing as I grip the hem of his shirt, finally glad we're on really good terms again. I lift his wet shirt up a little bit, and my eyebrows furrow. I lift myself up, and carefully move off his shoulder.

I wrap my legs around his waist, and hold onto his neck. He look up at me with a sudden desire in his eyes. "Hey Ashton?"

"Yes Aspen?" He asks.

"Do you have a tattoo by any chance?" I ask very suspicious all of a sudden. And even more when I feel him tense up, and avoid my gaze.

"Why do you ask?" He asks clearing his throat.

"Cause I thought I saw one on the right part of your lower back." I say emotionlessly, already knowing it was a tattoo.

"Um...Ya, it's a tattoo. Why?"

"Well for one, I never noticed it before. And two why haven't I noticed it before?" I ask him straight up, making him even more tense. I thought we knew about each others shit, now What? What's the deal now?!

Ashton shrugs. "I don't know, I didn't get it to show it off. That's why it's where it is."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Ok...But What is it?" He doesn't answer he just stares into my eyes. "Ashton." I say more sternly.

He sighs. "Its the day my pup was born." My eyes unnarrow, and I cup his face. I study his face and his features as the sound of rain settles. I brush a hand through his hair, and give him a sad smile.

"See, now that you told me, I shouldn't be surprised if I see it; in fact..." I start, jumping out of Ashton's arms and moving behind him. I lift the corner of his shirt and notice the tattoo.

Vlll lV.

Which means 8 and 4. But I'm gonna guess it's the eighth month and the four is the day. So he was born August 4th. I smike at it and caress it making him shiver. I out his shirt down and move back in front of him. I give him corky smile, and jump back up in his arms. He catches me and holds me tight.

"So? What's his name?" I ask, starting to fix his hair that keeps sticking to his forehead and getting water in his eyes.

"Carter." Ashton says, making me nod. I like that name, but I had a different one in mind. I hope he doesn't want to name our boy - if we have one - Carter, cause I know it'll bring stuff from the last back, and that's not good.

"What would you have named your pup if it was a girl?" I ask, brushing his hair back.

Ashrkn shurgs. "Having a girl wasn't an option, but it of course could've happened. We didn't really think too much about it, but I liked Cristina or Amelia." Those are pretty names, but not really ones I would choose if I had a girl.

"That's nice. And so is this. It's totally different from the first time we met. You know, when you choked me and almost killed me." I say with a fake smile, making him roll his eyes.