Chapter 2

I look up at him impassive, as he looks down on me - glaring fiercely - at me with his piercing hazel eyes. A strand of his dark hair falls slightly in front of his eye, but he doesn't blink, he continues to glare me down. I clench my jaw, hoping that he'll be the one to break eye contact. I remain closed off, as his lips curl into a scowl.

"Get up!" He snaps, as everyone suddenly goes silent around us, and not doubt in my mind that everyone attention is on us. But I don't care, I refuse to to let him control me like this. "Get up!!" He snaps again, but louder and more deadly.

I sigh, then slowly get up, frustrated and annoyed. But before I can even straighten up, his hand takes hold on my throat, and I let a yulp of surprise out. I hold his wrist tightly as I try to get his grip to loosen around my throat. As I hold onto his wrist my eyes met his, and we glare at each other.

His eyes than wonder down towards me chest, where my badge is. I take this time to look over his shoulder - to see Lana - with a look that says I told you so. I then look to left, and see my sister, with pure fear written all over her face. She is holding a hand to her chest, I try to take a look at his badge but I feel the Alpha's grip tighten. I look back to him, as he meets my gaze again.

"Never! never, talk about me again! Is that clear?!" He yells, as I glare at him. Did he not hear that I was in a way defending him?! This guy is crazy and insane!

"Is that clear?!" He yells even louder making people flinch, and now tightening his grip.

I look him dead in the eyes. "Sure." I say with a sassy tone to it, which him scowl again, than throw me to the ground next to Lana, who is looking at the Alpha walk away with admiration in her eyes.

Her attention than goes back to me. "You know, you still surprise me. Even with your life on the line, you still never manage to get scared." I smile at her, as I see out of the corner of my, the Alpha slowly stop, and turn his head to the side a little. But I as I turn my head to look at him, he continues on his way.

"But really?" Lana starts talking again. "You still don't believe he murdered his mate?" I sigh, than look at Lana, done with this conversation. No, I don't believe he did it. Why? Cause I doesn't make any sense, it just doesn't. I don't know why she's so stuck on it.

My eyes than land on Alpha Calaban, who was coming up every woman, and saying something to them - in which they nod at him and stand still, facing the men. When he comes to us, his hands are behind his back and he look down at us.

"You will stand. You will get in line with your Pack when it is called. You will be silent." Lana and I get up, and nod at Alpha Calaban, as he walks away from us. We stand there silent, with a good posture, as we face the men. I feel a heavy gaze on me, and as I shift my eyes, I notice that the Alpha of the Blood Wolf Pack, is staring daggers at me. Once again, I hold is gaze. What is with this guy?

"Ailing Wolf Pack." When I hear my pack being called, I walk forwards still holding the Alpha's gaze, as I stop next to my sister, who I feel is tense next to me. Alpha Calaban calls names that sound familiar to me, but I don't pay attention, I'm too focused on this Alpha's behavior. I here some men calling "mine" but not all of them.

"Rea Bonofiglio." When I hear my sister's name, I slowly move my eyes away from the Alpha and focus on my sister who tries to confidently step forwards. I watch each one of the men focus on her and on her badge. Until something catches me off guard.

"Mine." My head immediately follows where the voice came from - all the way down to the end of men lined up. I look at Rea who looks like she's on the verge of tears. I'm surprised. Like, shocked. I feel that men were attracted to her looks, but we're stuck on choosing her, because of her pack and strength level.