Chapter 24

It was 7 in the morning when we woke up the next day. Grief and guilty once again fills in my heart. Ashton and I made sure to wear all black, and to bring two roses. Everyone who was close to Hannah was asked to bring roses and lay them with her. When we walk out of the house, the coldness of the air matching with how we bith feel. The sunrise doesn't feel warm at all, it doesn't help with today.

Ashton leads us to the back of the building, and there - many chairs are lined up in front of a wooden coffin that is half opened half closed. Some of the pack has already arrived and greeted Hunter who is sitting on one of the chairs to the right and at the begining of the row. Many males and females have greeted us before and after the see Hunter.

Ashton takes hold of my waist, making me jump in surprise. He withdraws his hand, but I take hold of it and place it on my waist. He nods at me curtly before we make our way over to Hunter. He has his hands folded together, his head facing down to his lap, and a gentleman's hat on. Hunter looks up and his eyes immediately make contact with me. I face it and him a forced smile.

He shakes hands with Ashton, before getting up and looking behind him. We follow his gaze to see almost everyone from the pack sitting down. He sighs quietly, then looks back at us.

"Thank you." He says gently to Ashton who gives him a kind nod.

Just then, a horrible cry comes from behind us, making us snap our heads over our shoulders. A plump woman, who is wearing a black pantsuit, almost collapses to the ground. Hunter rushes over to her, and holds her as she sobs into his shoulder. He doesn't even take one glance at Hannah. I look at Ashton who is already looking at me. We sit down next to wear Hunter was sitting, and watch as females make their way up to the coffin. It's almost painful for me to watch, but I have to do this.

I watch as Hunter moves the lady from the front, to the other front row. He gives her a tissue, and rubs her back. I lean my head to Ashton's ear and leans into me.

"I think that's her mother. Am I right?"

Ashton nods. "Yes, you're right. I couldn't imagine the look on her face when she first found out about Hannah, and to be honest - I don't really what to."

I nod slowly in response and move my face away from Ashton's. I look away from them and decide to take a look around. Roses on roses surround the front. Roses on the podium, roses in the background, roses next to Hannah. And now we're going to be putting roses in the coffin with her. The girl sure did love her roses if I'm correct.

Hunter finally is able to calm Hannah's mother down, and we he is he joins us and sits back down in his chair. Silence settles as we all wait for Hunter to go up and speak. And when he gulps and takes a deep breath he stands up slolwy, wipes his hands on his pants the makes his way to the podium.

He clears his throat and looks around. "I don't have a speech. How can any really have a speech for this. I was gonna right one, and I was writing one, until I started to cry. It wasn't healthy of how much i was crying really, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do," Hunter pauses, and I take the chance and intertwine Ashton and I's fingers together. "Hannah...well Hannah was always optimistic, about everything. She didn't have one bad bone in her body. She was the sweetest and one of the most important person to me." Hunter then looks directly to me and his eyes bore into mine. "Hannah will be avenged, we will find the person that did this and on my then...Will she be able to rest in peace knowing that we are all safe."

I lower my head. I agree with everything he said, we need to find Lana and put an end to this. In his voice, you could hear all the passion he has to get revenge, you can hear the hurt he feels, and you can see his vulnerabilitie in his eyes. I look back up as Hunter continues. "So now i ask everyone with a rose to please come up and place them all around her." He nods to our direction, and we get up and walk over to Hannah. I wince at the sight of her, and watch Ashton put the rose in. I look behind me and notice that her mother doesn't have a rose.