Chapter 23

The next morning, Ashton woke me up by telling me that we had to go to a Blood Wolf Pack meeting. I had a feeling it was about the events of yesterday since there wasnt really anything else he could possibly want to talk about with his pack. We get ready, then head out. There is a light coat of frost on the ground, as well mud. I guess you can it sets the mood.

When we walk into the building, and every male and female are there. We walk up to the platform and i let go of Ashton's arm. But he draws me back to him and walks to the front and center of the platform. Well this isn't something I'm used to. Ashton glances at me, and nods slightly before looking back at everyone.

"As some of you may know, there has been a tragic and unsettling murder yesterday." Ashton pauses, as we look at everyone. Some have shocked expressions on their faces, as some have sad and emotionless. "You have known her as Hannah Valetteo, or as my beta - Hunter's mate. She was slaughtered in cold blood. She didn't deserve what happened to her, that is why you all are here this morning."

Everyone then stands up straight and with their hands behind their backs. " This is a very serious matter, and a very serious time. It was just like two years ago when we lost our first Alpha Female, no one should hate or act like it doesn't affect them because it does. We all are in th same pack, which means we all are one and we all stick together! Is that clear?!"

"Yes, Alpha Black." Everyone says.

"Good. This is no time to joke around. Like last time, I demand that all of you stay in your home's until we decide that it is safe. The men will hunt, but we will keep it to a minimum. Work hours will be less, no one should be doing anything past 10:00. I know this is a pain, but this is for everyone's safety. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Alpha Black." Everyone says. Two months in, almost three - and I'm still surprised of how much respect he gets, or is it just fear?

"We will have a funeral for Hannah Valetteo tommorow, and it would mean very much to my beta - who you might have noticed is not here - to be there at the funeral. You don't need to bring your pups, but it is your choice. I would also like to say one last thing," I look at Ashton, holding onto his arm tighter. "No one in our pack is to blame. So please do not go around and spread rumours that someone killed Hannah, because it is not true."

Suddenly, a man, who has very large muscles, is tall, and has lots of facial hair speaks out. "And do you know who killed Her?" Everyone's eyes turn to him, including Ashton's. I watch him tense his muscles, and clench his fist and jaw. He glares daggers at the male, and make glares back.

"You were not permitted to speak! You are only allowed to speak when I tell you to, not when you feel like it! Show some respect!" Ashton snaps, making most turn back around and face him, but the man doesn't care, and he folds his arms across his chest. Ashton shoves him off, and looks at me. I give him nod of support, making him look back at everyone. "I can not tell you who the person is, all I can reassure you of is that the person is not in our pack." Suddenly, my breath hitches. Wait does Ashton know it was Lana?! I tense up and I look at the floor. No, how?! How is that possible?! Ashton voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

"That will be all for this meeting, and the rules for your safety still apply. Have a good day, you are free to leave." Ashton starts walking away annoyed and a little angry. I keep up with his pace all the way until we reach his office.

He pulls away from me, and goes to sit down in his chair. I close the door and lock it. Ashton has his head in his hands, and let's out a sigh. I sit in the chair across from him - in front of his desk. He looks up, and his eyes meet mine. They're cold and full of anger. I furrow my eyebrows at him.

He looks away. "I need to be alone." Ashton says harshly, not even daring to look at me.

I raise my eyebrows at him, and let out a scoff. "Thats not happening. We need to talk, and it looks like you need to as well." He looks at me with narrowed eyes. He has his walls up, but intend to break them down.