Chapter 26

A few minutes of embaressment pass by me as we walk out of Mercanary territory. But now that my little show is over it's time to get back to the main part of this all - Lana. We now know where she is, but we also need to find out why she is with Alpha Calaban. I never thought of him to be a bad guy, unless he doesn't know.

"So what happened when you guys went looking for Lana? You weren't gone as long as I thought you were going to be." I ask, as we walk were all territory's connect. Ashton on my left and Hunter on my right.

"None of the Alpha's would let us go looking through their packs, so we had no choice really but to tell them their is a murderer on the lose. We didn't tell them much, other than to keep a lookout for her and keep everybody safe." Hunter explains, making me nod.

"Ok, and what part took you four hours?" I ask sarcsticly, even though i totally have a point.

Ashton rolls his eyes. "They're really scared of us. Let's just say that."

I look up at him and raise an eyebrow. "Right. Anyways, isn't Alpha Calaban a lone wolf? Meaning he doesnt have a pack?"

"Yes, exactly. But, he lives in a wooden cabin in another forest. It's not as big, or as hidden as all four packs here." Ashton explains, as we reach the road, or the end of where all packs meet.

We stop at the end. "Ok. So where is the forest?" I ask, making them both go awkward and silent. "What?"

"It's open to the mundanes eye. Or some at least. There're more cabins near him, and they aren't wolves like us." Hunter says.

"So that's why he joins us for the full moon?" I ask, looking at Ashton. He looks down at me and nods.

"Ya, technically," I nod. "Alright, so it's gonna take a while to get where he is, and I don't suggest we take a car."

I look at him suprised and with a raised eyebrow. "And why not?" I ask.

"Wouldn't do anything for us. It would slow us down." Ashton says curtly. I roll my eyes. Of course it would.

I cross my arms. "So how the hell do we get there?"

Ashton look from me to across from us. Hunter and I follow his gaze, and on the other side of the road is another forest, but it has less trees and they're spread out a little more. So he wants us to transform and run all the way there? I put my hands on my hips and give Ashton a "really?" look.

I shake my head. "No. Im not doing it, let's take the car."

"And the what? Get stuck in mundane traffic? No thanks, I'd prefer to be a wolf and run a few miles." Hunter says, making Ashton with me a mocking smile and shrug.

I groan and throw my head back. I take my hands off my hips and run them through my hair. "Fine! But I don't have a change if clothes."

"Don't worry about that." Ashton says.

I give a confused look. "Uh, excuse me? I think it matters for me more than you two."

"Will you stop it! Let's just go, we wasted enough time." Ashton says, before looking both ways down the road making sure no cars or mundanes are walking. He takes off his shoes and closes his eyes, a few moments later he drops to the ground, and his bones start to break. His black hair starts growing and his clothes rip off of him until he's a huge black werewolf. He let's out a growl and then runs across the road.

I look up at Hunter who is trying to contain his laughter and his smile. I raise an eyebrow at him. "What? What's so funny?"

He shakes his head. "You two faught like an old married couple." He purses his lips trying to hold back his smile and laugh.