twenty-four

Ni-ki sighed before taking an empty space on one of the mattresses on the floor.

Covering himself with the thick duvet, Ni-ki faced his back towards his friends.

As he lay frighteningly still, his mind continued to be filled to the brim with endless thoughts.

The blonde boy's eyes stung with tears as the recollection of memories of his murderous parents haunted his mind.

Ni-ki was afraid. He was angry at the world for giving him such deceitful parents, he was heartbrokened that he couldn't save his older brother.

He was especially shameful that Sunhee wasn't able to have a strong and loving soulmate.

For Ni-ki didn't know what love was; for he was too weak to love.

As he cried silently to himself that night, a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around his waist.

"Soulmates aren't meant to be perfect. Instead they surprise and bring the unexpected,"

"You only deserve the best, Sunhee,"

"You're right. I deserve the best. However, if I have you at your best, I need to have you at your worst too,"

"I can only offer you my worst. Never in my life was I at my best Sunhee,"

"Your parents
don't define who you are.

You did nothing wrong Ni-ki, please never ever blame yourself for their wrongdoings,"

"I don't want you to carry my messed up family name in your life.

It's better if I stay away from you Sunhee,"

Sunhee gently shifted Ni-ki's frail body to face her, sighing softly as she finally came face to face with her soulmate.

"I don't care Ni-ki, I just need you in my life. Fate brought us together and I intend to keep us together whether you like it or not," Sunhee whispered softly as she cupped Ni-ki's cheek.

Ni-ki sniffled sadly as he rested his cheek against her small palm, smiling softly at his soulmate who lay before him.

"Don't be afraid to open up your heart again Ni-ki, there are people who are willing to love you,"

Ni-ki chuckled as his his tears continued to roll down his cheeks.

Despite the darkness that engulfed the pair of soulmates, the sheer moonlight that shone through the window sufficed enough.

"That's what you said in my dreams," Ni-ki uttered softly as he held onto Sunhee's wrist.

Sunhee giggled as she gently wiped away her soulmate's fallen tears.

Sunhee gazed into Ni-ki eyes, empathising with every perfection and flaw she could find in him.

"Just let me love you," Sunhee mumbled as her thumb caressed his cheek.

Ni-ki rested his forehead against Sunhee's, holding her hands in his as his eyes fluttered shut.

"For you only Park Sunhee,"

That night, Ni-ki finally opened up his heart to his soulmate. His cold heart finally accepting the warmth it needed all along.

A/N:

pls I love writing this book so much

what are your thoughts on it?