sixteen

"How was Japan?" Sunoo enthusiastically asked.

"It was fine, I met this guy Ta-ki and he showed me around. Apparently I came at the wrong time though," Jungwon shared as he took a sip of his banana milk.

"Oh? Why?" Jay asked curiously before puttin down his utensils to listen to Jungwon's experience.

"Well, a Japanese couple recently broke out of jail and the police are currently unable to find them. Rumour has it they fled back here," Jungwon sighed.

Sunhee frowned as she suddenly felt a tugging feeling in her heart.

Looking around, her eyes met with Ni-ki who stood at the other end of the cafeteria with a sullen look.

"What crime did they commit?" Sunoo asked as he covered his mouth in shock.

"Murder. They killed their oldest son while the youngest was saved just in time,"

★彡

"Ni-ki," Sunhee called out for the blonde-haired boy.

Ni-ki pretended he didn't hear her as he continued on his way to class. Gripping onto his bag strap tightly, Ni-ki wished he wasn't so transparent.

"Hey astroboy," Sunhee called out again before grabbing onto the taller boy's arm.

Sighing in defeat, Ni-ki turned around to face his soulmate with a forced smile.

"What is it Sunhee?"

"You do know I can feel whatever you're feeling right?" Sunhee said as she gazed into Ni-ki eyes.

"I-uh, had a heart attack," Ni-ki quickly spoke as he retreated his hand back from Sunhee's grasp.

Sunhee raised a brow as she crossed her arms tauntingly, tapping her foot as she waited for Ni-ki to tell the truth.

Heaving out a sigh, Ni-ki looked down at his feet before mumbling incoherently.

"What was that?" Sunhee asked again as she lifted his chin gently.

"I said I was jealous okay?" Ni-ki huffed out in annoyance.

Upon hearing Ni-kid's confession, Sunhee could only chuckle at her soulmate. The Universe was working fast for both youths felt feelings of unfamiliar warmth.