eighteen

The next day at school, Ni-ki continued to isolate himself from his friends.

Knowing he had already hurt Sunhee and Sunoo, Ni-ki could feel the despair of guilt deep down in his heart.

What fuelled his stubbornness more was the fact that the dimpled boy, who he assumed was Yang Jungwon, was shooting his shot with Sunhee.

His soulmate.

"Take off your arm around her, she's not yours," Ni-ki mentally grumbled to himself as he watched his friends from afar.

"I can hear you astroboy,"

"Unfortunately,"

"Will you please stop pushing us away?"

Sunhee glanced at Ni-ki from her seat, noticing the boy's gloomy expression as well as his lack of appetite.

Ni-ki tore his gaze away from Sunhee before disposing of his lunch tray and walking away from the cafeteria.

There, sitting in awkward silence in the Astronomy Club's room, was both Sunoo and Ni-ki.

Sunoo sat with his back facing Ni-ki as he gloomily doodled on his notebook.

Ni-ki glanced at his best friend's gloomy state, a sense of guilt ate him up after lashing out at Sunoo earlier that day.

Standing up from his seat, Ni-ki grabbed two cartons of strawberry milk from his bag before dragging a chair to sit across Sunoo.

Ni-ki wordlessly pushed the milk carton towards Sunoo, who was busy glaring at his temperamental best friend.

"I'm sorry Sun," Ni-ki muttered as he avoided Sunoo's eyes.

Sunoo smirked to himself as he poked a straw through his milk carton.

"Don't shout at the baby next time!"

"What baby-"

"Me, I'm everyone's baby you idiot," Sunoo glared at Ni-ki again.

The pair of best friends momentarily stared at each other before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"What's bothering you Ni-ki? You're not that hard to read you know," Sunoo finally asked once they stopped laughing.

Ni-ki sighed, letting his shoulders fall before avoiding Sunoo's eyes again.

"I don't know if I can tell you Sun," Ni-ki muttered as he anxiously fidgeted with his fingers.

Sunoo nodded his head understandingly before taking out two packs  of dango.

"Maybe another time Ni-ki! But please know I'm always here for you,"