twenty-one

Finals flew by quicker than expected with Ni-ki and Sunhee spending every waking moment studying together. Despite her brother's protests to their attachment, the duo continued to make use of the time they had left before Sunhee goes abroad.

Soon, graduation dawned upon the pair of soulmates. Although it meant they could finally leave their hell-hole of school, it also meant that Sunhee was going to leave in less than 24 hours.

"Sunhee sunrise attack!" Sunhee squealed as she jumped into her soulmate's arms.

"We graduated baby!" Ni-ki exclaimed happily as he lifted Sunhee up.

Sunhee giggled before cupping Ni-ki's face in her small hands, placing a delighted kiss on his lips before he finally set her down.

"You guys finally graduated!" A voice squealed from behind them.

Turning around, it of course belonged to none other than Kim Sunoo, who darted towards his best friends before engulfing them in his arms.

The rest of their friends approached them proudly, with Jungwon holding two bouquets of flowers for the duo.

"Congratulations you annoying loser! Oh and of course, congratulations my dear Sunhee," Jungwon snickered as he handed them a bouquet each.

Ni-ki playfully rolled his eyes before allowing Jungwon to embrace him and Sunhee in a hug. From behind, Jay and Heeseung teared up at the sight of their younger siblings, feeling a sense of pride to see them make it out of high school.

"You're no longer a baby," Heeseung sniffled as he hugged the now, taller boy.

Ni-ki giggled softly as he mumbled a string of thanks and appreciation for Heeseung, who has had his back for the longest time. Not long after did Jake, Haneul and Sunghoon come rushing in, startling the group of friends with their sudden appearance.

"First of all Ni-ki, congratulations on graduating! But do you have any idea what day it is today?!" Jake shrieked as he grasped onto Ni-ki's wrist.

Ni-ki pondered for a bit before realisation dawned over him. Looking at the twins in bewilderment, Ni-ki jumped up and down excitedly.

"Is it really today?!"

"Yes dipshit, it's the grand opening of 20CUBE and we need all managers on deck!" Haneul squealed before dragging her brother and Ni-ki away.

★彡

"We clearly forgot the most important aspect of this business," Jake sighed stressfully as he peeked at the long queue of eager dancers outside 20CUBE.

Ni-ki glanced at the digital clock on the wall, fearing more about the time lost with Sunhee. Diverting his attention outside, he felt an overwhelming feeling of anxiety once he saw the amount of people waiting for the grand opening of the dance studio.

"We forgot to hire people, why are we so stupid Jake?" Haneul sighed stressfully as she pushed her hair back.

Ni-ki thought hard for a moment, trying to clear his head of all the expectations that weighed on his shoulders in order to find a solution to their current problem.

And as if a lightbulb flickered brightly in his mind, Ni-ki finally remembered two passionate dancers in his life that needed to earn a living doing what they loved the most.

"Fine small eyes. The company closed down and we're now just working as full timer waiters in a café,"

Ni-ki remembered how his friends, no, his family, looked when they seemed to have lost hope in themselves and in their dreams.

"Don't worry about us Ni-ki, we'll make do with what we have for now,"

It was a win-win situation for Ni-ki. He was now able to give back to the people who raised him to be better, the people who only showered him with love and care.

As well as save him and his fellow managers the embarrassment.

"Haneul, call Sunghoon! Jake, get the sound system ready. I think I may have found the permanent answer to our current and future problems," Ni-ki beamed excitedly.

Haneul and Jake immediately caught on to the younger boy's plan before doing as told. After two stressful hours, the managers of 20CUBE finally felt a weight lifted off their shoulders.

Whipping out his phone, Ni-ki immediately dialled down a number as he impatiently waited for the line to pick up.

"Ni-ki where the hell did you g-"

"Put me on speaker Heeseung-hyung!"

"Okay? Now where are you?!"

"Jay, Heeseung and Jungwon! Quit your jobs at the café!"

"Okay there kiddo, just because you graduated doesn't mean you can tell us what to do!"

"Hyungs, you can finally dance, teach and perform to your heart's content! We're hiring you guys as Performance Directors and Choreographers, so please hurry over to the dance studio!"

"You're not b-bullshitting right?"

"Follow Sunghoon and get your best routines ready! I owe it to you guys,"

"Ni-ki you Japanese brat, WE'RE COMING BABY!"