eleven

"Yah Park Sunghoon! Give me a discount pleaseeee,"

Sunoo pouted cutely at the barista before him only to be waved off playfully from the dimpled boy.

"What is it with this café and dimples?" Ni-ki pointed out as he sipped on his milk tea.

"Shut it you unfertilised egg, I'm trying to get this annoying penguin to give me a discount," Sunoo shushed Ni-ki before flashing an angelic smile at Sunghoon.

"Help me get this jobless hellion out my sight," Sunghoon inaudibly mouthed towards Ni-ki.

"Yah!" Sunoo exclaimed, expressing hurt through his small pout.

Sunghoon and Ni-ki giggled at their friend's short temper as they immediately calmed him down with his food.

"I'm Sunghoon by the way! I work here part-time since my older brother is now one of the co-owners," Sunghoon rambled as he flashed Ni-ki a soft smile.

"I'm Ni-ki! I'm here to babysit this idiot and that baby," Ni-ki greeted as he pointed towards Sunoo and then at Sunhee.

Sunghoon let out an inaudible 'oh', nodding his head understandingly as he cleaned up the café's bar counter.

"Sunoo is always eating whereas Sunhee is always sleeping whenever they're here," Sunghoon chuckled only to earn a glare from Sunoo.

"I do not always eat!"

"What are you doing right now?" Sunghoon retorted back sassily.

"Oh shut up you penguin!" Sunoo grumbled as he shoved another potato fry in his mouth.

Ni-ki chuckled at their quarrel before diverting his attention back to his school work, diligently jotting down the answers to the questions given.

It was not long before the sun had started to set, with Ni-ki still hard at work while both Sunhee and Sunoo lay fast asleep atop the café's bar counter.

"They look like drunkards, oh god," Heeseung exclaimed softly as he finally made an appearance to attend to his shift.

Sunghoon and Ni-ki laughed at the older boy's comment, fully agreeing that Sunhee and Sunoo were one of a kind.

"Well, sadly my shift is over. It was nice meeting you Ni-ki! I hope to see you around more," Sunghoon smiled as he bid goodnight to the trio.

"See you Sunghoon!" Ni-ki waved back before continuing with his studies.

"Attaboy, get that graduation certificate!" Heeseung cheered as he clumsily wore his apron.

Ni-ki shook his head at Heeseung's weird antics, internally feeling the second-hand embarrassment whenever he was around his boomer of a brother.

"Stop judging me you infant," Heeseung glared at Ni-ki, causing the younger boy to laugh cheekily in response.

"Yah Nishimura, you're acting like a total brat these days!" Heeseung whined as he placed another cup of milk tea for Ni-ki.

"I'm just happy to be back hyung," Ni-ki said as he scrunched his nose cutely.

Heeseung smiled fondly at Ni-ki, dropping his glare as his hands started moving to prepare their dinner that night.

"By the way hyung, I think I'll be coming home later than usual for the next few days," Ni-ki informed as his eyes remained glued to his notes.

"Oh? Why's that?"

"I have some things and people to attend to. I'm telling you so you won't have to worry about me!"

"You make me sound as if I'm one of those protective mothers!" Heeseung whined again before bursting into laughter with Ni-ki.

However, a certain brunette can't help but feel curious about whatever matters and people her soulmate had to attend to.

Especially the people.