eight

Ni-ki lay on his bed that night looking blankly at his ceiling. His mind continued to race despite the need to rest that night

Truth is, Ni-ki travelled to Korea alone. Yes, he had to leave his old and dearly loved life behind in Japan.

However, the thing is that he had to.

For Ni-ki held the depressing truth that both his parents were behind bars.

The reason being that both parents tried to murder him and his brother.

Only Ni-ki made it out alive.

Shaking the terrible memories out of his head, Ni-ki tried to distract himself by looking into his own telescope that stood by his window.

"Ni-ki, please come down for supper! I know you're still awake," a voice called from below.

Ni-ki sighed as he quickly shut his window close, going down the stairs towards the kitchen where his friend stood.

"You look so pale," his friend, Heeseung, said worriedly.

"Malnourished is the word, I didn't really eat much today," Ni-ki admitted as he slid onto the seat across Heeseung.

Heeseung chuckled in response as he gently pushed a bowl of jjajangmyeon towards Ni-ki.

"Eat," Heeseung ordered as he ruffled Ni-ki's hair.

Ni-ki nodded, thanking Heeseung for the food before digging in.

Ni-ki smiled tearfully at Heeseung, who watched and ate alongside him that night. When Ni-ki was sent to Korea, he was forced be a border at the age of 15.

He was glad and lucky enough to have Lee Heeseung as his roommate, for the older boy took great care of Ni-ki.

Heeseung cheered proudly as Ni-ki finally finished his bowl of noodles, causing Ni-ki to giggle in response.

"Thank you hyung, for always taking care of me,"

Throughout the weeks that they lived together, both Ni-ki and Heeseung developed a brotherly relationship, knowing they only have each other to depend on.