twenty-nine

"Go to sleep kids," Heeseung tiredly nagged as he limped his way towards the bathroom.

It was currently 2:30 AM in the morning yet Sunhee and Ni-ki were still up and about while the rest of their companions slumbered away.

"I'm hungry," Sunhee whispered as she lay face to face with Ni-ki.

"Me too, I want bungeoppang but the rat finished it all," Ni-ki responded as he pouted sadly.

Suddenly, Sunhee sat up as an idea popped up in her mind. She quickly stood before extending out her hand towards Ni-ki.

"Come on! Late night food runs?" Sunhee suggested as a glimmer of mischief glinted in her doe eyes.

Ni-ki grabbed onto her hand without hesitation before quietly getting up from their shared floor.

"Just so you know, I'd never give up my sleep for a girl," Ni-ki joked.

Sunhee giggled in response as she and Ni-ki successfully made it out of Park Residence's humble abode.

Ni-ki let go of Sunhee's hand before bending down slightly as he gestured towards his back.

"No soulmate of mine should go out at 2:45AM in the morning wearing her ugly bunny slippers," Ni-ki teased causing Sunhee to scoff.

"Excuse me, my bunny slippers aren't ugly!" Sunhee pouted as she stomped away from Ni-ki.

Ni-ki laughed heartily at Sunhee's adorable antics as he ran to catch up with her, engulfing her shorter body in his arms as he lifted her up.

"Nishimura Riki I'll kill you!" Sunhee squealed as Ni-ki continued to laugh at her flustered state.

However, his short moment of love and happiness soon came to an end as Sunhee went flying from his arms.

"Sorry little girl, but we're the only ones allowed to kill our beloved son,"

Sunhee meekly stood up from the ground as she held the side of her head which bled from the sudden impact of falling head-first to the ground.

Ni-ki's eyes widened as his eyes met with the people who were after his blood.

"What the hell do the both of you want?!" Ni-ki seethed out angrily as he held Sunhee behind his taller frame.

"We want you dead of course!" his 'father' responded wickedly as he twirled around the sharp blade in his hands.

Ni-ki stood shaking in his place, in both fear and anger. He so badly wanted to grab his father's gun and end their madness.

However, he couldn't. He was weak and he couldn't stand up for himself.

The couple made their way towards both Ni-ki and Sunhee slowly, their wicked smiles taunting them.

"H-How could you kill your children?" Sunhee exploded as she pushed Ni-ki out of her way.

The couple started cackling as they halted their movements, their blades still at hand as they lazily pointed at Ni-ki.

"Bet lover boy didn't tell you he was adopted by us huh?"

Ni-ki's gaze hardened as he felt his heart slowly break when reminded of the fact he was an orphan.

He didn't want Sunhee to see him this way. He didn't want her involved any more than she already was.

"Sunhee, run"

"I'm not leaving you here!"

"Fucking go!" Ni-ki suddenly burst out as he took a hold of Sunhee's wrist.

"That's right little girl! Let us spare you while we can!" the couple cackled once again as they drew nearer to the pair of soulmates.

Sunhee looked softly at Ni-ki before darting away from the taller boy.

"I'll go get hel-"

Before Sunhee could continue her unfinished thought, the loud sound of a gunshot resonated throughout the neighbourhood.