thirty

"Jay they're gone!"

Heeseung frantically pointed at the empty mattresses on the floor after coming out from the bathroom.

Jay groggily sat before realisation settled in that his sister and Ni-ki were nowhere to be found.

"Those brats probably snuck out!" Jay groaned as he quickly got up from the floor.

Because of the state of emergency caused by Heeseung and Jay did Jungwon and Sunoo wake up from their slumber.

"The hell is going on?"

"Can you guys just SHHH-"

bang!

Everyone in the room suddenly jolted up in shock after hearing the faint yet loud gunshot from outside.

"No no no no," Heeseung stressfully chanted to himself as he dashed out of the door.

Even amidst the darkness did Heeseung spot both Ni-ki and Sunhee as well as the shameless figures of murderers.

Not long after did Jay, Jungwon and Sunoo joined Heeseung, watching the scene unfold slowly before them.

"Jungwon, go back inside with Sunoo and call the police," Heeseung instructed.

"What happened when Jay called?" Jungwon asked as Sunoo anxiously clutched onto his arm.

Jay shook his head in disappointment as he ushered the younger ones to head back inside.

"Absolutely nothing. They didn't believe me so you have to try again," Jay rambled as he continued to push them back inside his home.

Jungwon nodded curtly before dragging a stubborn Sunoo, who was trying to pry himself off of Jungwon's sudden grasp.

"They need me, let me go!" Sunoo cried out as he helplessly looked at the scene before him.

Jungwon sighed tiredly before lifting Sunoo over his shoulder, darting back into the Park's abode despite Sunoo's pleas and cries.

As Heeseung and Jay inched closer towards the scene did they finally realise the chaos that has already been unleashed.

On the ground, lay an unconscious body in a puddle of blood.

"Sunhee!" Jay screamed before running towards his bleeding sister.

Ni-ki knelt before her, enraged and miserable as he shakily held his soulmate in his arms.

Heeseung clasped a hand over his mouth in shock as a few of his tears sprung out from his eye.

Not long after did lightning strike across the dark sky, followed by thunder that shook Ni-ki's nerves.

"See son, this is why you have to accept the consequences for the mistakes you've made! It's your fault she's dead!" His father taunted as he carelessly held the gun in his hand.

Jay sobbed meekly as he held his unconscious sister in his arms, his tears now masked by the sudden pouring rain.

Ni-ki gently caressed Sunhee's pale face as his tears continuously rolled down his cheeks for the immense pain he felt that night.

"I'm sorry for being a shitty soulmate, Sunhee," Ni-ki utttered as he placed a long and endearing kiss on her forehead.

The black hole in his heart that he thought healed had now expanded throughout his entire heart.

A black hole; an empty space.

Without her, he was nothing but a black hole that destroys everything and anyone that he opens up his heart too.

"He's a shitty soulmate!"

"Hear that honey? He can't even protect someone fated to him!"

Heeseung and Jay knelt beside Sunhee as they frantically waited for a response from both Jungwon and Sunoo.

However, an unknown force drove Ni-ki to stand up and face the unfortunate music before him.

As his parents continued to mock and taunt him were they not able to notice to visible shift in their son's aura.

Under the pouring rain did Ni-ki finally lose his sense of stability.

With his bloodshot eyes and distressed state did he finally have the courage to confront his parents.

"I'm going to fucking kill you assholes,"