nine

"I hate you,"

"But you know I love you,"

"Fuck you Ni-ki,"

"I know Sunhee,"

"You're a terrible soulmate,"

"I know Sunhee,"

Sunhee irritatedly stopped walking before turning around, jabbing a thumb at Ni-ki which caught the taller boy by surprise.

"Stop following me!" Sunhee exclaimed as she frowned angrily at Ni-ki.

Ni-ki looked at Sunhee with an unwavering expression, only to giggle softly in response to her threat.

"I'm going the same way as you Sunhee,"

"Like hell you are!" Sunhee uttered sarcastically as she stormed off towards the school's front gate.

There stood waiting, was none other than Kim Sunoo. It became a daily routine for Sunoo to fetch Sunhee from school ever since he graduated.

"Twin sun- NI-KI!" Sunoo screamed excitedly before attacking Ni-ki in a hug.

Ni-ki giggled happily as he caught his best friend in his arms, embracing a now sobbing Sunoo.

"You're finally back after 10 years!" Sunoo cried as he started to slap Ni-ki's chest repeatedly.

"It was 3-"

"I hate you!" Sunoo cried as he continued slapping Ni-ki.

Ni-ki sighed as he chuckled dryly at the same reaction Sunhee gave him a few minutes before.

"I'm sorry Sun," Ni-ki apologised as he ruffled his best friend's hair.

Sunoo glared at the taller boy before quickly linking their arms together as they approached Sunhee.

"Let's go!" Sunoo exclaimed happily as he linked arms with Sunhee as well.

"I don't want him to come," Sunhee muttered as she glared at Ni-ki.

"I'm meeting Heeseung hyung at the café anyways," Ni-ki said as he looked at Sunhee cheekily.

"I hate you,"

"I know," Ni-ki sighed for the umpteenth time that day.

Sunoo rolled his eyes at the lovers' quarrel before unlinking his arms with theirs.

"You guys better settle whatever tension is going on between you two," Sunoo nagged as he crossed his arms sassily.

"I don't want to!" Sunhee argued as she glared at Ni-ki again.

"She doesn't want to," Ni-ki sarcastically exclaimed as he dramatically pointed at Sunhee.

Sunoo rolled his eyes again before briskly walking ahead of them, with a hint of mischief glinting in his sharp eyes.

"Then I won't talk to either of you! If you guys are still in this state by the time we reach the café, I won't hesitate to sweet-talk Sunghoon into kicking you out," Sunoo beamed cheekily before running ahead of them.

Ni-ki raised a brow at the unfamiliar name before glancing at Sunhee, who had stopped walking as she glared at Ni-ki again.

"You've been glaring at me a lot today 애인," Ni-ki retorted as he stood in front of Sunhee.

[ 애인 means lover, Korean readers correct me if I'm wrong <3 ]

"I'll hit you if you call me that again," Sunhee exclaimed as she covered her face, which now blushed red.

Ni-ki giggled at the sight of Sunhee's flustered state, gently removing her hands from her face only to laugh more at how red she was.

"Will you hit me if I called you 공주님?" Ni-ki asked softly only to be hit across his chest again.

[ 공주님 means princess, correct me if I'm wrong again ]

"At this rate, I just might die from your cheesiness," Sunhee shrieked as she quickly walked away from Ni-ki.

"Expect more of this cheesiness my love," Ni-ki teased before running to catch up with his flustered soulmate.