seventeen

"I'm reaching soon,"

"Okieee"

"Stop being cute"

"I'm not cute"

"You're the most adorable person in this world Miss Park"

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear anything"

"..."

"Stop pouting Ni-ki"

"Alright fine, see you in 5 my hoshi,"

Sunhee grinned widely to herself before skipping happily to her bathroom just to freshen up for a bit.

However, her smile dropped as soon as she locked eyes with her reflection.

Sunhee wondered how much longer would she continue to feel unpretty, for she didn't know that beauty was more than just looks alone.

But that was how low she set the bar, she allowed others to criticise her unbeknownst to her that they were just jealous.

She stared at her reflection there and then, longing for the day she would finally accept herself.

Sunhee lost her strength the moment she allowed Yewon to continue tormenting her.

For she started sleeping later than usual, skipping meals as she forced herself to fit into somebody else's beauty standards.

But Sunhee still despised the person she saw before her. Why did she feel so foreign in her own skin?

Where was her smile? Why was she paler than usual? Why did she look so dead? Where was the girl who once bloomed without a care?

Sunhee's dry eyes brimmed with tears again as if it was a daily routine to criticise herself.

"I hate you Park Sunhee," Sunhee muttered to herself angrily as she cried silently to herself.

With her face buried in her hands, Sunhee failed to realise that Ni-ki had been observing her after arriving.

He heard her thoughts and felt her pain, he couldn't help but empathise with Sunhee.

Approaching her, Ni-ki gently encircled his arms around Sunhee's waist before resting his chin on her shoulder.

"How could you let that girl get in your head again my angel?" Ni-ki asked softly.

Sunhee sniffled sadly before turning around, hiding her face from Ni-ki's gaze by burying her head against his chest.

"I'm s-sorry that your soulmate isn't as pretty as others," Sunhee said, her words muffled as her tears soaked through Ni-ki's shirt.

Ni-ki sighed sadly before gently cupping her face, wiping away her uncontrollable tears while taking it as an opportunity to admire her features.

Her features which he loved so dearly, her features that came second after her heart of gold which he loved even more.

"Stop crying my love,"

Facing her towards the mirror again, Ni-ki grabbed her hair brush before brushing her hair thoroughly, stroking every strand with only love and admiration.

Gathering her soft, brown locks, Ni-ki styled her hair into a simple ponytail after securing it with his own hair tie.

And there in clear view to her, was her very own appearance which she failed to see through.

"Ta-da!" Ni-ki exclaimed softly before hugging Sunhee from behind.

As Sunhee tried avoiding her reflection of the mirror again did Ni-ki tilt her chin up again.

"Ni-ki.."

"See that girl?" Ni-ki asked as he pointed towards her reflection.

Sunhee nodded slowly, anticipating the worse of what Ni-ki was about to say.

However, her heart only felt at ease and warmth the moment she listened to his next few words.

"She's holding back, she's comparing herself to others while seeking the unnecessary validation from others. One day, I hope that girl learns how to love herself. She's beautiful inside and out and I really hope she realises it,"

At that moment did Sunhee finally realise how foolish she has become, a sudden epiphany that she had to get out of the hole she dug herself in.

Turning around, she smiled at her soulmate through her puffy eyes, internally thanking him for saving her from herself.

"Thank you for loving me Riki," Sunhee admitted sadly as she gazed lovingly into Ni-ki's eyes.

"Didn't I tell you 3 years ago what I would do if you let that voice in your head or that girl's words affect you again?" Ni-ki uttered out.

"I don't really recall, I'm sorry," Sunhee apologised meekly.

As Sunhee tried searching for a reaction from his wandering eyes was she finally surprised by Ni-ki's next few actions.

For he had pulled the smaller girl closer to him, his hands complementary to the sides of her face.

Before finally placing his lips against hers.

All Sunhee could feel was their hearts beating in sync, as she softly reciprocated his sweet kiss.

Ni-ki grinned in between their short and sweet kiss before pulling away, gazing into his soulmate's eyes as she admired every aspect of her face.

"I think I proved everyone and everything in this damn Universe wrong," Ni-ki beamed proudly.

"By kissing me?"

"You? No, for kissing the most beautiful girl on this planet,"

-

(*≧∀≦*)

I just love the sound of y'all screaming in the comments

-nami