twenty

"Sunhee stop,"

Sunhee breathed heavily as she buried her head away from the person who stood behind her.

Correction, her soulmate stood behind her.
She knew that deep and gentle voice all too well.

"Go away, you never gave a shit to begin with," Sunhee sniffled angrily as she wiped her continuous tears with her sleeve.

Ni-ki looked at his soulmate's distressed state, knowing very well the emotions she was feeling at that moment.

Gently spinning her around, Ni-ki gazed into Sunhee's puffy, sad eyes. However, Sunhee continued to avoid his gaze by looking elsewhere.

Pulling out his handkerchief from his pocket, Ni-ki softly dabbed away Sunhee's tears that continued to roll down her cheeks. As he tilted her chin upwards, the boy couldn't help but admire her features.

"I don't understand why you're letting those thoughts get to you," Ni-ki muttered as he looked into Sunhee's organised locker.

The taller boy's eyes lit up the moment he was able to spot for what he was searching for.

Grabbing the comb from her locker, Ni-ki carefully untangled Sunhee's hair from her hair ties before combing through her messy hair.

Sunhee continued to sniffle as she let her soulmate fix her up.

As much as she didn't want to be seen in a vulnerable state, Ni-ki's height and built did her justice as it shielded her away from everyone else.

"Ta-da!" Ni-ki exclaimed softly as soon as he finished tying Sunhee's hair into her infamous space buns again.

Not long after did Sunhee feel a sudden warmth settle in her heart as she looked up at Ni-ki.

The smaller girl smiled softly as Ni-ki greeted her with his rare yet bright smile. However, her smile soon dropped as she looked at herself in the mirror, a sense of insecurity washing over her again.

Before she could let another tear escape her eye, her locker was slammed shut and she was instead greeted by Ni-ki again.

"I can hear your thoughts too Sunhee,"

"You heard wrong-"

"Yea and Sunoo overheard from a girl-friend of his about the amount of shit that Yewon told you in the restroom. I have to admit, word in this school goes around pretty fast," Ni-ki continued as he cut her off.

"She's right Ni-ki," Sunhee mumbled to herself as she fidgeted in her place.

The taller boy sighed as he cupped her face in his hands before looking down at her with an evident frown creased.

"The next time you let that voice get into our heads again or let that girl's words affect you, I just might-" Ni-ki paused as he gazed into Sunhee's eyes.

And as usual, everything made sense to him when she was there.

"I just might have to kiss you to prove everyone and everything in this damn Universe wrong about you,"