seven

"Sunhee, Ni-ki hurt me yesterday!" Sunoo complained as he pouted pitifully. Glaring at Sunoo, Ni-ki threateningly taunted his best friend with his spoon.

"See?! He wants to kill me with his spoon!" Sunoo wailed as he hid behind Jay.

"Hey! Don't hurt the baby," Sunhee teasingly scolded Ni-ki, her hand brushing against his as she grabbed his spoon.

Fazed and nervous, Ni-ki scowled before snatching his spoon back. Still glaring at Sunoo, the boy only smirked proudly. Jay, on the other hand, brushed Sunoo off his shoulder but the shorter boy didn't let go.

"So how's your first month here?" Sunhee casually spoke, pushing her milk carton towards him. Ni-ki shrugged his shoulders before pushing back her milk carton, indicating he did not want it.

"Hell," Ni-ki sullenly responded, catching Sunhee off guard with his grim tone.

Knowing Ni-ki all too well, Sunoo knew his friend was still not used to his new life in South Korea. He could only smile sadly at Ni-ki, unable to fathom being away from his home.

The only person Ni-ki let in was Sunoo, for he knew Sunoo was able to empathise with his loneliness. Looking at Ni-ki with concern, Sunhee decided to give him time to let her in.

Time was all Ni-ki needed.