two

"okay, so before i came to pick you up i got them a little basket of goods. some summer sausage, nice cheeses, crackers, flowers. when we get home, you're going to help me bake them some cookies, and you'll deliver the basket." mom explained, and i just gaped at her.

"so i'm being your servant, huh?" i asked, scoffing.

she looked at me and shook her head. "honey, you won't regret meeting them."

"why? is it harry styles?" i joked, half hoping it was harry. she shook her head again, a smile playing on her lips. "well what the hell then! if they aren't harry styles i don't want to meet them!"

"y/n! be quiet! you'll love meeting them! i just know you will!" she pulled into our driveway. i looked over at the neighbor's house on the right, the one that had been vacant since louis' family moved away. there was a white moving truck out front, and i caught a glimpse of a girl, younger than me, shutting the front door.

"oh boy, a fourteen year old girl. so excited." i said sarcastically, my mom shot me a deadly look. i quickly shut up.

i hung my backpack on a hook in the entry way, then i went into the kitchen, leaning on the island. my mom set the ingredients out, and then she dug the recipe out of a drawer and slapped it down in front of me. "get to baking."

i rolled my eyes, hiding it from my mother so i don't get whacked in the head, and began to measure out ingredients and mix.

eventually, i had the cookies ready to go in the oven, and i did in fact eat some cookie dough. i could not have resisted, and it was delicious. completely worth it.

soon, they were out of the oven, the sweet aroma filling the kitchen. mom came back in, breathing in deeply. "delicious. wait for them to cool for about ten minutes, then pack them into a tupperware container, put it into the basket and take it over there, please."

i nodded, and pulled out my phone for the ten minutes. i see the group chat has gone wild again.

RALPH: y/n abandoned me for her neighbors

LILIA: how rude

LEO: they prob hot tbh

RALPH: she doesn't even know what they look like

CYLIA: woah

EVAN: y/n you better send pics

FLORENCE: yeah i want to see if they're hot asf pls

CYLIA: imagine it's y/n's future boyfriend

RALPH: dude thats weird

EVAN: ralph do u have a crush on y/n

CYLIA: oooooo

LILIA: ship lowkey

RALPH: stop 😀🤚

dude idek my neighbors yet and i have to take cookies and stuff to them i'm scared lowkey :Y/N

what if they are murderers :Y/N