twenty three

hello everyone! forgot to mention it sooner, but their families don't know about their relationship. i fixed up chapter twenty one a tiny bit for more clarification, if you want to go read what i did it's where louis takes y/n's hand when they leave her house! :)

Y/N'S POV

i watched as this girl who i was admiring only about an hour ago made my boyfriend kiss her. well, no. she kissed him, and he looked uncomfortable as he pulled away faster than the speed of light.

who did she think she was? you can't just fucking kiss someone you don't even know, much less without consent.

i stood up, louis' eyes were on me as the girls giggled. i walked up to them, trying to remain somewhat calm. i didn't need any assault charges yet.

"what do you think you're doing?" i asked the girl, stopping right in front of her. she looked at me with this look on her face that basically said i'm better than you, fucking move.

"um, taking a picture? do you mind?" she asked, her friends giggling behind her. great, a stereotypical pack of girls. not wolves, no, though sometimes they could act like them. they seemed slicker than wolves though, maybe some sort of big cat would describe them better.

"i do mind, actually. you can't go kissing every celebrity boy you see, sorry." i said, crossing my arms. who the hell does she think she is? "especially without their verbal consent."

"oh, shut up!" she rolled her eyes at me, pushing her dark hair behind her ears. "honestly, nobody asked. he didn't even complain."

"bullshit!" i shouted, moving over to louis. he pulled me into his side, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. i knew he was half way doing this for comfort, the other half to hold me back. "he pulled away so fast. you couldn't even see his face, he looked like he was ready to sock you right then and there."

"who the hell do you even think you are?" she asked, eying his arm around me.

"i'm his fucking girlfriend." i said, the feeling of being able to say that was so freeing. it was a secret i had held back for what felt like an eternity.

she hesitated. i seemed to have held off her sure to be snarky response, and one of her friends touched her arm. "em, maybe you shouldn't have-"

"shut up, cadence!" em said, looking back up at louis. "your girlfriend's a bitch, louis. here, just in case you need a fix." she slipped a piece of paper into his free hand before walking off, her "friends" in tow.

i looked over at louis, shaking my head. he just breathed out an uncomfortable laugh and led me back to the car.

we got situated back inside, and we both turned our heads to look at each other at the same time with completely straight faces before we both broke out into laughter.

"louis are you okay?" i asked once i got ahold of myself, i wanted to make sure he wasn't still extremely upset by that girl.

he puffed out his cheeks, letting out a breath of air. "i mean, it was weird. i'm happy you took care of it, i wasn't quite sure on what to say."

i stretched across the console, wrapping my arms around his neck, bringing his lips to mine. the kiss intensified, his neck craning towards me under my touch.

i pulled back from louis, sneaking a little glance at him. thankfully, i wasn't buckled so i could quickly climb across the console over to his lap. "is this okay?" i asked him, looking down at his legs squished together, my knees on the outside of his legs.

he nodded, his eyes level with mine. "yeah, yeah. it's great." i laughed as his grabbed my face and pulled me back in, our noses bumping lightly. i reclined backwards slightly, my hands trailing down his sides to the hem of his dress shirt.

our lips disconnected for a moment, our eyes opening at the same time. "this okay?" i asked again, not wanting to overstep anything.

he nodded, his lips quirking upwards. "i'll stop you if it's not."

we dove back in, his nose brushing my cheek as i tilted my head the slightest bit. my hands felt cold against the skin under his shirt as they trailed up his chest. i felt the slight bumps of his muscles as my fingers lightly traced them.

i felt him shiver under me, and each time we pulled away for a split second for breath my eyes fluttered open the tiniest bit to see his face. his eyes were always gently shut, lips parted. soon enough his gentle lips were back on mine.

i rested my palm flat on the center of his torso before sliding both of my hands over to his sides, gripping him under his shirt. his hands were tangled up in my hair, thumbs rubbing against my scalp.

i removed my hands and draped my arms around his neck again as we disconnected our lips for the last time, leaning our foreheads against each other's. he moved his hands to my cheeks, pulling me away and planting a sweet little kiss to my forehead.

i smiled softly, watching his eyes. he looked so happy to be with me, making my heart nearly burst out of my chest. i made this boy so happy.

"y'know," he said, his hands ghosting over my waist. "we should probably tell our families about us."

i nodded, climbing back over to my side of the car, trying to not be as awkward as possible. the last thing i would want to do is shove my ass in his face.

i made it, plopping down in my seat, my cheeks still burning. "yeah, i'm surprised they haven't caught on. i mean, maybe they have and they're just being silent about it."

he shrugged, buckling up and starting the car. "maybe, yeah. i'm surprised they haven't walked in on us like kissing or getting all cuddly."

"me too. i would have expected my mom to say something already, she rarely sees my other friends over anymore. shit, i rarely see my other friends anymore." i commented, shaking my head. "not that i don't like spending time with you. it's great." i added quickly glancing over at him.

"no, yeah, i know what you mean." he assured me, eyes focused on the road. "i don't want to go home yet." it was only about ten minutes past eight, so i didn't blame him.

"well, i have an idea." i said, adjusting the sleeves of my shirt. "let's just go home to change first, i can't stand wearing this for much longer."

louis laughed, he had such a pretty laugh. "ditto."

louis is officially 18 years old. happy birthday!

ALSO. the make out session was about as steamy as we're getting. we aren't going farther than that, sorry not sorry, no smut, just because he's 18 doesn't mean it's okay to write that about him. i think hands up shirts is as far as we're going. no groping though.

maybeeee if we make it to the summer in this book there will be swimsuit make out sessions, but no half naked stuff beyond that.

just wanted to clarify just in case anyone began to think differently due to his birthday or that make out session we had earlier this chapter, though i highly doubt any of you did. <3