one

he left such a long time ago. it's been six years, and not a day goes by that i don't think of him. he was my best friend, i'm not just going to forget him.

louis and i were inseparable. we would always do everything together. chase butterflies, play hopscotch, jump rope. we were friends since we were four. then, once it was a few months after my eleventh birthday, he left. he moved away, and i haven't heard from him since.

the thing is, i have photographs to remember his face way back then, but now i have no clue what he could even look like. i look him up up on instagram, trying to find him, but i just can't find him. i cant remember his last name, so i was just scrolling for hours through all of the people with the name louis. it's driving me crazy.

i can faintly remember his two sisters, one who was slightly older than us, the other a few years younger. i wasn't really ever close with them, i can't even remember their names now.

even my parents lost touch with his parents. i don't know how, they would talk over facebook messenger and text messaging for a while, and my mom would show me pictures of louis and send them pictures of me, then after a few months it just stopped. i never asked why.

——————————
september 9, 2020
two weeks to the enola holmes release

i walked down my driveway to my awaiting bus, the doors of the bright yellow vehicle open. i climbed aboard, saying good morning to the bus driver before i found my seat, the fifth seat on the passenger's side. the bus driver took off then, heading to the next house.

i dug my hand into my pocket, taking out my phone and airpods. i managed to take the airpods out and put them in my ears on the bus, which wasn't the steadiest place to put them in. once my playlist was shuffled, conan gray's voice treating my ears, i closed my eyes. it was about 7:15 in the morning, and i was dead tired, even though it was a wednesday. sleep was about to take me over when a chime went through my airpods into my ears.

i had received a text, at a very inconvenient time at that. my phone screen displayed a notification coming from a group chat. i sighed inwardly before opening it.

CYLIA: GUYS OMG SO YK ABOUT ENOLA HOLMES RIGHT

LEO: the movie coming to netflix right?

CYLIA: mhm

LEO: what about it

CYLIA: there's this really cute guy in it with millie. the cast is like- AHHH THE CAST IS ULTRA HOT

EVAN: dude- like i'm not really into guys but LIKE WOW

LILIA: that's a little sus man

EVAN: shut up ralph and leo prob think he's cute

LEO: he isn't bad

RALPH: one sec let me look him up

RALPH: ooooh- yeah he's hot

FLORENCE: i'm in love with that man already

girl what :Y/N

CYLIA: LOOK AT THE HOT GUY

mmmm well you see, half the time y'all tell me someone is hot they really aren't. :Y/N