eighteen

september 24, 2020
one day after the enola holmes release
Y/N'S POV

all day at school i was antsy, i just wanted to go home and watch enola holmes with louis. he seemed restless, too, he was fidgety the whole day.

but, finally, we got off the bus at the end of the day and rushed over to my house. to my dismay, my mother wasn't home. i couldn't get my phone back yet.

"what the hell!" i groaned, closing the front door behind louis and i. i just wanted to check up on my socials.

we dropped our bags by the front door before i beelined to the kitchen, louis in tow. i opened the pantry door and grabbed our box of popcorn, unwrapping it and putting the bag in the microwave.

i looked over at louis, who was watching me. my stomach twisted softly, it's like my nerves calmed down, oddly enough. i'm just happy it doesn't feel like my stomach is about to be ripped out of my body.

he grinned at me, and yet again my nerves lit on fire.

what the hell.

i turned away, opening the fridge. "do you want anything?" i asked, grabbing myself a bottle of water.

"uh, sure. water." he responded from behind me.

i snatched an extra one and shut the fridge before heading over to the pantry again, grabbing a koolaid packet i could just put in the water and shake up. i turned, showing it to louis. "do you want one?"

he nodded, his two front top teeth snagging his lip. "sure, thanks."

i got him one, going back over to the bottles, unscrewing the lids. i ripped open a packet, pouring it in.

out of nowhere, i felt a chin on my shoulder and arms drape over my shoulders, hands connecting over my collarbones. i jumped, and some of the red powder spilled on the white countertops.

i felt a laugh rumble through louis, he was pressed sort of close to my body. his chest was against my back, causing the familiar swirling feeling in my stomach to come back yet again.

i really need to admit my feelings. maybe, just maybe, he feels the same way.

maybe i can finally put good use to these feelings and actually get somewhere with them.

just a thought.

i rip open the next packet and put it in the other bottle, closing the caps tight on both before shaking them roughly. louis loosens up a little bit, trying not to get his brain shaken up due to the movement of my shoulders. he still keeps his arms wrapped around me, though.

after they were all mixed up, i carefully turned around in louis arms, holding the water bottles.

i looked up at him, his face only about an inch from mine. he looked down at me like i was the only thing he could see.

i could understand why. nothing else seemed to matter to me but louis. the microwave beeped, but i honestly couldn't have cared less.

it was just him.

my eyes trailed all over his face, taking in his breathtaking features. his lips were parted slightly, he was letting little breaths in and out through them.

my eyes lingered on his pink lips longer than they should've. i just couldn't tear my eyes away. i just wanted to know what it felt like to kiss them as i threaded my fingers through his hair, or running them up and down his shoulders and arms. or down his back. or on his cheek.

i wanted to know what it felt like to kiss him as i pulled myself closer to him, my hands on him.

(PLEASE KNOW I DO NOT MEAN ANY OF THIS SEXUALLY. HE'S A MINOR, I WILL NOT SEXUALIZE HIM.)