twenty one

october 3
12:00 pm
Y/N'S POV

today was the day. the day that louis and i would finally allow ourselves to go public. finally. oh, and it was our first date. no biggie.

just kidding. i was freaking the hell out.

what was i even supposed to wear? louis said to wear something nice, not like super casual, but what even fits into the not too fancy, not too casual category?

i knew a lot fit into there, but i just didn't know what would impress louis and what would look nice. he won't even tell me what kind of event this is.

louis just told me he would be wearing black pants and a button up white shirt and to somewhat match that. he had it so easy, he just had to pick out some nice pants and a shirt.

i, on the other hand, had a closet full of a variety of clothing options. a dress? skirt? nice pants? i had no clue.

finally, i decided on a white long sleeved top with black trim around all the details and high waisted black pants that ended about three inches above my ankles. the black trim on the shirt wasn't tacky at all, it was thin and complimented the top.

i picked out black flats to wear on my feet, and just to leave my hair as it was, just tangle free. i went with light makeup, only some eyeliner and mascara.

louis knocked on my door, it was about a quarter to seven pm, and my mom answered. she called me downstairs, and before i went i took one last look in the mirror, smoothing my outfit.

louis will love it. i assured myself, heading down the stairs.

i saw him immediately.

he stared up at me, a smile quirking the corner of his mouth as i came to stand next to my mother. "hi." he said, extending his hand to me.

i stiffened slightly when he held out his hand, as my mother had no clue we were together. i looked back at her, but she took our possible hand holding as a friendly gesture, it seemed. maybe not, i could never tell with my mother.

"hey." i took his hand and said goodbye to my mother, heading across the lawn to his car.

"you look beautiful." he complimented me, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "gorgeous, really. i cant even put it into words."

i laughed quietly as he opened my car door, thanking him as i buckled up. he got in his side, turning on the car. he buckled up and then reached into the console, taking out a cd.

it looked like he made it himself, there was no cover on it, only words written in sharpie. first date playlist<3.

"do you use this for all the girls?" i teased as he put it into the player. he looked up at me, startled, shaking his head rapidly.

"no! i made it last night." he defended himself, his cheeks burning a bright shade of red.

i laughed hard, putting my hand on his shoulder. "louis! i was joking! you're so cute, though. i know you wouldn't reuse anything."

he looked over at me, fighting a smile. "you think i'm cute?"

i nodded. "yeah. i'm not wrong."

he leaned across the console, his lips only a centimeter away from mine. "i'm fucking pluto compared to you, you're the brightest star in the galaxy."

he kissed me gently, grabbing my cheeks as his lips moved so softly against mine, i felt him smile into the kiss as i put a hand on the back of his neck, trying to draw him closer.

he pulled away, breathing harder than he was before. "we better get going."

as he drove down the street, a smile stayed plastered on his face. a song started to play, stole my heart by one direction.

"it's our song, remember?" he said, bringing back a memory from weeks ago.

the upbeat beginning of stole my heart by one direction blared through my small speaker, surely disturbing my mother.

i clapped in delight, bouncing on my toes slightly. "get up louis! they were so little! c'mon!" i grabbed his warm, smooth hands in mine, pulling him up.

he had amusement on his face as i made him dance, swinging his arms around with mine as i still held his hands.

the light shines
it's getting hot on my shoulder
i don't mind
this time it doesn't matter

i let my hands slide free of louis' hands, jumping up and down more intensely. i wasn't doing any particular dance, i was just bouncing around.

louis was bouncing lightly, as if he were in a club and not completely vibing. i let him be though for a little bit, i just wanted to dance.

don't you know all night i've been waiting for a girl like you to come around, 'round, 'round?

"c'mon louis!" i shouted, grabbing his hands and making him twirl me. whenever i faced him again i stumbled, causing me to grab onto his forearms.

"woah!" he steadied me, gripping my elbows with his hands. i looked up into his face after i stood up straight, and all i saw was this huge smile spread across his face.

aw.

i smiled back up at him, grabbing his shoulder and jumping. "jump!" i prompted, and soon he was jumping around with me to the music.

"this should be our song!" i exclaimed, it was the first song we had listened to after all. besides, it's a good song.

he nodded in agreement, distracted by keeping up with my jumping.

i smiled at the memory, feeling as if it were years ago. it was when my feelings for louis were budding.

i reached across the console, my hand palm up, waiting for his hand to join mine. he did it every single time without fail, and this time he didn't disappoint.

our relationship over the past week and a half had consisted of hand holding, drives out to restaurants where we would come back home and eat, and kissing. lots of kissing. louis was an affectionate boy, he loved it when we cuddled up and he could plant little kisses wherever he could.

i hated keeping the relationship a secret though. sometimes i would type out little messages to my friends only then to realize i would be outing louis and i.

i just wished that i could post about it, too. i see all of these other couples posting pictures of them, and i want to be able to show the whole world these cute little photos.

the wait would be worth it though. i could snap a picture today and post it, and finally we wouldn't have to keep it concealed.