seven

play the song above when you see the *

Y/N'S POV

"let me get this straight" florence's voice rang from her end of the call. "at midnight you want all of us to meet up at a school playground... to meet louis? y/n it's nine at night right now, why can't we just meet up now?"

"it's more fun at midnight. besides, i feel like sneaking out." i said nervously. florence wasn't very happy with me, so i was scared she would just say no.

"shit, y/n. you know i'm pissed at you, right? this is kind of stupid just to meet some boy."

i tried my best to stay calm and not tell her she could just forget about it. "he is my best friend, you know. besides, it's his first night back! he should get to sneak out!"

she didn't speak for a moment. "alright. fine. i'll tell the rest of them to meet up at the playground at midnight. that's three hours. you guys better show up on time or i'm out."

"we will! thanks, florence!" i said as she hung up. i looked over at louis, biting my lip in excitement. he raised his eyebrows at me the slightest bit, his eyes flickering across my face. they landed on my bit lip for a moment before looking back up at my eyes. "she'll do it."

he was sitting cross legged at the foot of my bed across from me. louis looked down at his knees, patting them with his hands awkwardly. "alright, so uh how do you plan on sneaking out exactly? your mum always pops in the door."

i froze. i hadn't thought about that. "um, typically she goes to bed half past ten, so we should be good." i pushed the thought that she might stay up to check on us out of my mind. she trusted me.

"we have three hours, is there anything you want to do?" i asked, stretching my arms above my head. he gulped almost unnoticeably, if i wasn't looking at his face i wouldn't have noticed at all.

louis looked great in the glow of the led lights around my room. i had them on a soft purple, the lights dim. he looked really good.

led lights seemed to change how people looked. it was always in a good way, though. it always depended on which color it was, too. red seemed to change people the most.

purple, though, changed people a little bit, but just enough to knock your breath away. louis looked perfect. he looked unreal.

then again, louis always looked unreal. he looked ethereal. louis was too perfect for this world. i hadn't even spent that much time with him since he moved, and i already knew how perfect louis partridge was.

that was beside the point. i had to make everything up to my friends. they were the only ones i had since freshman year.

sure, i had other friends here and there, but nobody else stayed for as long as they had. i couldn't keep friends.

maybe it was because i thought they would all just leave like louis. i never let myself get close to people because the only person i had gotten close to had left.

i did really feel terrible for not talking to my friends once louis came back. it hadn't even been a day, though. i wasn't trying to make excuses for myself, but really.

i knew i was being an ass, but i just wanted to be with louis. i had missed him so so much. he was finally back.

i was also scared i would push florence away. she was the first one to come for me. i joined her friend group. i was basically an outsider, then she took me in.

sometimes, i still felt like i didn't belong with them. they had jokes from before i joined, and i didn't understand so i just had to sit there awkwardly while they brought up past events. i had no clue what they were even talking about.

"um..." louis thought for a moment, breaking me away from my thoughts. "i don't really know. whatever you want to do i guess."

i huffed a laugh at louis, smiling slightly. "c'mon, louis. you have to want to do something."

he looked like he wanted to say something. "dance party?"

not a terrible idea. i slowly got off of the bed, making the few steps over to my speaker. "that's actually a good idea." i praised him, flipping on the speaker.

it made a slow sound, announcing that it's ready to be paired with my phone. i paired it all up and went onto spotify, playing one of my favorite playlists.

*

the upbeat beginning of stole my heart by one direction blared through my small speaker, surely disturbing my mother.

i clapped in delight, bouncing on my toes slightly. "get up louis! they were so little! c'mon!" i grabbed his warm, smooth hands in mine, pulling him up.

he had amusement on his face as i made him dance, swinging his arms around with mine as i still held his hands.

the light shines
it's getting hot on my shoulder
i don't mind
this time it doesn't matter

i let my hands slide free of louis' hands, jumping up and down more intensely. i wasn't doing any particular dance, i was just bouncing around.

louis was bouncing lightly, as if he were in a club and not completely vibing. i let him be though for a little bit, i just wanted to dance.

don't you know all night i've been waiting for a girl like you to come around, 'round, 'round?

"c'mon louis!" i shouted, grabbing his hands and making him twirl me. whenever i faced him again i stumbled, causing me to grab onto his forearms.

"woah!" he steadied me, gripping my elbows with his hands. i looked up into his face after i stood up straight, and all i saw was this huge smile spread across his face.

aw.

i smiled back up at him, grabbing his shoulder and jumping. "jump!" i prompted, and soon he was jumping around with me to the music.

"this should be our song!" i exclaimed, it was the first song we had listened to after all. besides, it's a good song.

he nodded in agreement, distracted by keeping up with my jumping.

under the lights tonight
you turned around, and you stole my heart
with just one look, when i saw your face
i fell in love
it took a minute girl to steal my heart tonight
with just one look, yeah
i waited for a girl like you

i could barely hear the music, it was just me and louis dancing around to the song. all i saw was him. he looked so thrilled, it was almost childlike.

but, it wasn't. it was louis, and louis had his own category. it wasn't childlike or the face of a teenager. it was just louis.

as i stared at his face, only one thought came to mind.

shit, he's so pretty.

i think it was expected that i would bring one direction into this. anyways sorry for taking so long to update, school has been keeping me busy!