sixteen

the song up top just kept coming into my head while writing this chapter so take a listen while you read if you want

Y/N'S POV

as i sat on the bus next to louis, andres kept flickering in and out of my mind. he was cute. his smile was so contagious, every time i would look back up at him the only thing i could do was grin back.

he moved here from savannah, georgia, which he was quick to tell me that it was one of the most haunted towns in america.

i remembered louis' face, though, as andres and i smiled at each other. he looked jealous. i pushed it aside, surely he was just jealous of the budding friendship i had with andres.

but.. what if he was jealous of more than that?

no. he wasn't. he couldn't be.

i looked over at louis, who was pressed between the wall of the bus and me. our thighs were pressed tightly together at that point.

he seemed to sense i was looking at him, and he turned his head from looking out the window to look at me. my mouth quirked up at the corner, making him raise his eyebrows. my stomach twisted violently. "what?"

"nothing." i said, smiling fully now. "nothing at all."

louis looked great. more than great, actually. he looked beautiful. louis was a very pretty boy, it wasn't deniable.

his face was perfect. the way he smiled was breathtaking. i swear just the twitch of a muscle causing his lips to stretch upwards could take my heart into a chokehold.

he shook his head at me, faking being annoyed. "okay, i guess."

i saw the bus nearing our stop, so i grabbed my backpack strap and positioned myself so i could get out of my seat without too much of a hassle. the bus stopped and i shot out of my seat, louis in tow.

i stepped down off the bus, and it pulled away right as louis took a few steps away from the doors.

i sighed, knowing that louis and i had to go our separate ways now, i wasn't allowed to hang out with anyone. i had ten more days, ten days until i could watch louis' movie. of course i could only watch it a day late, too. absolute bullshit.

it was all my fault, too. i should have waited, but i can't dwell on the past- i made my mistake, now i had to pay the consequences.

i slapped my hands against the side of my legs repeatedly, my arms flying up. "well, bye, louis." i said, turning to head towards my house.

before i got far, louis grabbed my arm, spinning me around. he engulfed me into a hug, squeezing me into him. it took me a second before i wrapped my arms around him as we swayed slightly, unbalanced on our own feet. my insides were a mess, twisting ruthlessly. they were trying to make me come to terms with my feelings.

c'mon, you like louis! they screamed at me, forcing me to come to my senses.

"i'll see you later." he murmured into my hair before letting me go. as suddenly as they started, my guts chilled down, my excitement fading.

my arms fell back to my sides before i hugged them to my torso, quickly smiling at him before i scurried away to my lawn. i ran into my house, shutting the door behind me before running upstairs.

i threw my bag into the corner of my room, hearing a thump as it made contact with the floor. i hurled myself onto my bed, facing the ceiling. my mind was a whirl, thoughts overlapping each other. my head was about to explode.

i didn't  know if i liked louis or not. do i? do i not? are these the feelings you should have for someone that's regarded as your best friend? or do i need a reality check?

i groaned, grabbing at my hair. i can't do this.

i felt like i always looked at louis with these huge doe eyes, always in awe of him. when i peered up at him i felt like the world just stopped for a moment, letting louis and i have our moment.

when i was with louis, i always felt more content than i ever had with any of my other friends, and i always categorized that as how someone feels about their best friend, but what if it wasn't? it could have been so much more than that, but i was just unwilling to let myself realize that how i felt for louis wasn't just friendship.

maybe it's because i was scared that he would treat me differently if he found out. i was scared he wouldn't feel the same way, and our friendship would have been torn apart as easily as a piece of tissue paper. ripped to shreds, and thrown away.

i was afraid we would turn into strangers, never talking, looking away from each other quickly if we ever caught each other's eye. that was a nightmare i wasn't willing to turn into a reality at all.

and, sure, andres was cute, but he didn't make me feel the way that louis made me feel. louis made me feel all mushy inside, andres just made me smile.

under different circumstances, maybe i could date andres, but under these it just couldn't have happened.

so to sum it all up: i liked louis. a lot.

i got up from my bed, heading over to my cd player. my mom may have taken my access to streaming services, but she didn't take my cds away, thankfully.

i looked up at the shelf above it, looking for what i should play. my eyes landed on an album i had been in love with for years.

mind of mine by zayn.

that album was pure gold. zayn carefully crafted his lyrics, making one of the best albums in existence.

i popped it open, taking out the cd. i pushed the little button on the cd player that caused the tray to come out, and i carefully placed the cd down on the tray.

i closed it, and after a few seconds the player started to play the intro. i went over to my bookshelf and plucked a book off of it, we were liars.

i curled up on the corner of my bed where two walls met, opening the book and beginning to read.

i would do anything to distract myself from the feelings for louis partridge that were running through my body, spreading like a wildfire.

AND NOW THEY BOTH CAME TO TERMS WITH THEIR FEELINGS.

but how long will it take for anything to happen...?