eleven

my mother looked like she would bring the wrath of hell down on me. with a lethal calm, she looked over at louis. "it would be best if you went home, louis."

he glanced at me, clearly debating it. i mouthed go, and he nodded, hurrying off to his dark home. then it was just me. nobody was there to save me.

i walked up to the porch, stepping inside the house before my mother shut the door behind me, trapping me in the home as the lock clicked shut.

"sit on the couch." she said, no tone to her voice. i knew i was in huge trouble. i had never been caught before, so i had no clue as to what would happen to me.

i cautiously made my way over to my couch, sitting down right where louis was earlier today. it felt like a lifetime ago, so much had happened between now and then.

she sat in the spot i had sat in while taking a picture of louis. she stared at me, making me squirm in my seat. she knew how to make me uncomfortable.

"did you really think i wouldn't check on you and louis? i had an alarm set to wake up and see what y'all were doing. when your window was open, and there was a rope sticking out, i knew you left. so, i checked your instagram. sure enough, you posted." she said, raising her eyebrows. "any words?"

i hesitated. i wanted to try to leave louis and my friends out of this as much as possible, but i didn't know if i could. "well..." i started talking before i could even think. "i- well i guess i just wanted louis to meet my friends. it was all my idea, don't get mad at him."

"oh, i'm not mad at him. i'm mad at you. he could have met your friends during the day."

"i know!" i said rather loudly, causing my mother's eyebrows to skyrocket. "i'm sorry. i just wanted to have fun."

"that's what you won't be having for the next two weeks. phone. hand it over." she stuck her hand out, leaving me in shock. "now."

i dug it out of my pocket and handed it to her. "but louis' movie comes out in exactly two weeks! well, no, thirteen days at this point, it's already thursday!"

"then you'll have to watch it a day late. no tv. no laptop. no hanging out with friends." she said, standing up. "i already got your laptop out of your room. take your watch off your wrist."

i took it off and wordlessly handed it to her. i couldn't see louis. i blew the whole thing by sneaking him out. i should have just waited.

i stood up and ran up to my room, making sure to shut the door gently so i wouldn't get in more trouble. i hated that i couldn't watch the movie with louis when it first came out. by the time i would be able to watch it everyone will have already seen it.

i buried my face in my pillow, starting to cry. i ruined everything.

-

LOUIS' POV

i shut the door to my room, feeling extremely bad. she shouldn't have taken the fall, i should've. i knew it was her idea, but i didn't stop her.

as i turned around, sighing, i caught sight of something on my bed. more like someone. my mother sat there, hands folded in her lap.

"hello." she said, patting the bed next to her. "sit down."

i slowly made my way over to sit next to her, terrified of what would happen. "mom, whatever y/n's mother told you, it's my fault-"

she put a hand up, causing me to shut up. "no. it's not, but i still think you shouldn't have snuck out. louis, you can say no to y/n."

"i just wanted her to still like me." i murmured, and my mother pulled me into her shoulder. "i was scared she wouldn't want to be my friend if i didn't do what she wanted to do."

"that's not a true friendship, lou, and you know that." i could feel my mother's chest vibrating as she spoke. "you can defy your friends. keep them in check."

i let out a long breath. "i know."

"besides, i saw you two sneak out the window. i was in here. you looked terrified. it was actually hilarious, i got some of it on video." my mother pulled out her phone and showed me.

even though it was a distance away, i could see my terrified expression and hear my mother's chuckling. i basically fell down the rope.

"oh god." i buried my face into my hands, getting up from the bed. "i think i want to look for something for y/n and i to go to." i sat down at my desk, opening my laptop.

"look up events in london or something. that should get you some results. just don't make it require sneaking out." my mother advised, getting up to leave. "because next time you sneak out, you will be in trouble."

she left the room, shutting the door behind her. i looked up what she suggested, and i got plenty of results.

one caught my eye. i remembered a poster that y/n had up in her room, and i knew that this was a good idea. i clicked on the link, seeing that tickets were available.

i bought two seats closest to the front as possible, the tickets costed £20 each. not that bad. the event was in about three weeks on october third.

i clicked print, since we would probably need physical copies. my mother had set up the computer downstairs as soon as possible, and the wireless printer was already running.

i hurried downstairs getting the tickets from the printer. i snatched the papers up and rushed back to my room, excited for what i just did.

thoughts ran wild in my head, some that i wasn't really willing to think.

she'll love this.

maybe this could be your first date. no. friendship date. right? yes. friends.

you know you don't want to just be friends.

shut up you've only known her a whole day now. at least this version of her.

oh be quiet, you guys were friends with when you were little kids.

yeah, but i moved.

i think you know when you like someone though.

i don't like her like that.

don't lie to yourself.

i'm not.

you are.

shut up! we are friends. i can't decide if i like her after one day.

your brain may not be willing to admit it, but your heart is.

...