nineteen

thank you guys so so so much for enjoying this book. it means so much to me.

we got through the movie, and louis looked great. hell, what was i talking about? he was gorgeous, and he was an amazing actor.

"well," i said, stretching. "i think i ship myself and tewksbury."

he looked over at me, his eyebrows raised. "oh? and why is that?"

"first of all, he's hot. second of all, he likes flowers. third, he's nice. fourth, he actually cares about people." i stated, listing off each thing with a finger.

he nodded, a smile on his lips. lips i had kissed an hour or two ago. he looked at me. "can i kiss you now? not tewksbury?"

i nodded, my face heating up. "you really don't have to ask anymore." i said as he leaned in, capturing my
lips with his own.

it felt like only a second kiss, but also like we had been doing it for years. it felt well practiced but also new.

he once again pulled away before flopping back on my bed. "y'know, i think we should turn october third into a date."

"oh really?" i said, laying down next to him, grabbing his hand. we squeezed our hands together as i turned my head to look at the pretty boy next to me.

god, he's so pretty.

he nodded, his head now turning to look at me. "yes. so, y/n. will you go on a date with me?"

i laughed, nodding slightly. he made my heart hurt. "of course."

my next words felt risky. i mean, he would say yes, right? after all, apparently we both had feelings for each other.

"so, louis." i said, taking my chances. you only live once. "will you be my boyfriend?"

i did it.

and then he mimicked me as i mimicked him. he laughed, nodding a little bit. "of course."

it felt anticlimactic. it felt like when there was all this buildup to a book, and then the ending is shit. but in reality, it was only the rising action. it still felt like there was more and more that was coming, more to expect.

the thing was, louis and i didn't need some huge climax or anything. we didn't need some huge outrageous setting for one of us to ask the other one out. something simple sufficed perfectly.

it felt like everything moved too quickly. were you supposed to ask someone out right after you kissed? is that weird?

whatever. he obviously felt the same way, so why wait?

my mind rushed back to the texts. "louis do you want to explain the texts?"

his eyes widened, his cheeks turned pink. "um, well. i just wanted someone to text.. i mean if you think it's weird i'm sorry, i didn't mean for it to be like that-"

i cut him off, putting a finger to his lips. "it's okay, lou. i promise. it was cute."'

he kissed my finger lightly, his lips stretching into a smile underneath my finger.

that was all i needed to make myself happy. louis did things to me, he made me turn to mush, a happy pile of mush.

i realized then i didn't know if i wanted to tell my friends about this now. for a little bit, i wanted me and louis to be a little secret.

i still looked at the boy next to me as i lowered my finger, letting my arm fall across my chest as my other hand was still clamped against his.

"i think we should keep what we have a secret, yanno? at least until october third?" i suggested, rubbing my eyes as i sat up, the tv screen displaying the paused end credits of the movie.

he sat up as well, standing up off the bed. "yeah, of course." he stretched his arms up above his head, his nose scrunching in the slightest, most adorable way ever.

i slid off the bed, clicking the button on my tv to turn it off as the remote was on my bed still. i checked the time. 6:48 pm. it wasn't too late, maybe louis and i could go get some dinner.

"d'you want to go get something to eat? fast food or something, mcdonald's? it isn't too far away." i asked, going out of my room and turning on the hallway light.

he nodded, sitting back on my bed to pull on his shoes. i slipped on some shoes myself, and we headed downstairs unbothered, my mother still wasn't home.

"i can drive us." louis announced as i locked up the house and shot my mother a text. "i can take the car that issie and i are meant to share."

i hummed in agreement, following louis to his house. we went inside so louis could grab the keys, but his mother found and stopped us.

"oh, louis, y/n! come try these!" we came into the kitchen, where her voice was coming from, and saw some treats in the shape of hearts that his mother made.

louis grabbed two, i pulled out my phone. "smile." i said, aiming the camera at my boyfriend's face. he put on a cheesy smile as i took the picture and grinned down at it.

he handed me one, and we both ate. louis told his mother where we were going as he snatched the keys up, ready to get out.

he opened the car door for me, earning a smile on my behalf. it seemed to make his whole night.

it was crazy how just a smile could make him so happy.

a smile from me.

sorry baes that it was a little short, i just wanted to get someone out to y'all! enjoy! thanks for 5k!!