twenty five

"c'mon." i said to louis, pulling him by his hand down to the ground. "they have a nice paved trail here. i wanted to walk down it with you."

he hummed in agreement, squeezing my hand. i squeezed back as we went behind the playground, stepping onto the concrete.

there were lampposts lining the trail as we walked down it, hand in hand. there were fences a bit off the trail, surrounding people's backyards. i swung our hands back and forth, the only sound was the rustling of leaves and our footsteps.

we went around a bend and there was a little area, trees that were surely planted there were in a perfect semi circle around a wooden park bench.

"let's go sit." i said, heading over to the bench. we sat down, i took my phone out of my pocket. i snapped a picture of our hands, smiling over at louis. i posted it to instagram quickly, getting that out of the way.

"we should have nicknames." he suggested, running his free hand through his brown hair. "it sounds fun."

i agreed, leaning my head on his shoulder. "any suggestions?"

he hummed. "i don't know... i need to think. i don't want to call you love muffin or anything."

i laughed at his example, nudging him. "what if i call you sweetiepie facecake?"

he burst out laughing, his chest jerking slightly. "where the hell did that come from?"

i smiled ear to ear, laughing with him. "the depths of my heart.. my jet black heart." i shook my head. "that was a terrible reference i'm sorry."

"a reference to what?" louis asked, confused.

i gasped, straightening my body up. "you're so uneducated! i'll show you."

i pulled up the music video for jet black heart by 5 seconds of summer, holding my phone out for us both to see.

once it ended, i set my phone down on my lap. "see?"

he nodded, wrapping an arm around me. "it was good."

"not just good!" i said, turning my head to look at my boyfriend. "it's one of the best songs ever written and recorded!"

he laughed at me, his hands lifting up. "sorry, sorry!"

my phone started to play another song, i didn't turn it off. auto play selected sunflower, vol. 6 by harry styles.

i moved to turn it off, but louis reached a hand out. "no, let it play. i want to hear it."

i let the song run it's course, and once it ended i swiped out of youtube and clicked my phone off. louis was nodding to himself. "what?" i asked him, wanting to know what was up.

"sunflower. i'm calling you that. it's a little bit cheesy, but i like that song." he said, looking at me for approval.

"do you want to replace stole my heart with that song as our song?" i asked.

he nodded. "i'd like that. i mean, it's clearly about someone he misses and stuff, but i don't plan on ever missing you like that. i just like how much he liked her."

"yeah, well, i hope our sunflower never dies."

"what?"

"the sunflower. it symbolizes the good parts. i don't want that to end." i said quietly, leaning my head back on his shoulder. "i mean, i feel like we're still in the honeymoon phase."

his hand rubbed up and down my upper arm, squeezing me to him. "it won't. we'll always have the good stuff. okay? as long as we're together we'll have that." he kissed the top of my head.