four

i'm making up fake insta accounts for ppl ik some of them may not be their actual @ so just don't say anything 😩‼️

we were up in my room, louis sitting in a trampoline chair next to my bed. i sat on my bed, my elbows on my knees.

"what do you even want to do?" i asked, looking up at him. he had this look on his face as his eyes darted around my room. it looked like he remembered it, but then he also didn't. "louis. hello. earth to louis!"

louis blinked as i waved a hand in his face. "sorry. what?"

i sighed, standing up to go fumble around with things on my bookshelf. "i said what do you want to do?"

"um, tv?" he suggested, slightly smiling up at me. i pressed my lips together, thoughts running through my head.

louis had changed so much. he wasn't the same little boy i remember. first of all, louis got hot. like, really really hot. i didn't know if that's how i should've been thinking about my best friend, but wow.

secondly, his whole personality seemed different. louis in general was just different. he just wasn't the same louis that left, which was expected. he had grown up a lot over there after all.

it just kind of hurt that i didn't get to be a part of that.

"hello? y/n? earth to y/n!" louis snapped his fingers in my face, laughing. "come on, you just blanked on me."

i shook my head. "yeah, yeah, sorry! sure, yeah, let's go downstairs. mom is probably in her office right now doing work."

i opened the door for louis, gesturing for him to go. he walked past me, his smile still plastered onto his face. i let a small smirk slip onto my face, following him out of the door and downstairs.

we went to the living room, and sure enough, my mother was not in there. good. i just wanted to be alone with louis.

he sprawled across my black couch as i sat in a chair that was nearby, curling my legs up in it. snatching the remote off of the arm of the chair, i turned on the tv.

"what do you want to watch? oh! have you seen american horror story?" i asked, going to netflix.

"no." he said, furrowing his brows. "is it scary?"

i shook my hand back and forth, saying kind of with my hand. "ehhh. sort of, but we need to watch it! let's start at murder house."

he looked at the tv incredulously. "i'll try to believe you."

i laid my head on the arm of the chair, curling up on it. this show was my comfort show, i could watch it all day. violet came up on the screen, causing me to smile. i was facing away from louis, so he didn't see my face and i couldn't see his, but i trusted he was watching it.

-

we finished the first episode, and i turned around to see louis on his phone, glancing up at the tv periodically. i knew he was listening at least. i pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of him as he was looking up, and he stared straight into my phone camera.

"hey!" he exclaimed. "let me see it."

i pulled up the photo, letting out a low whistle. "not bad." i showed my phone screen to him, and he nodded, slightly impressed.

"doesn't look too bad." his eyes widened. "oh! let me put my number in your phone." i placed my phone in his open and extended hand, and he punched in his number.

finally, after years, i was able to contact my best friend again.

he handed my phone back, our fingers brushing as he placed it in my hand. we looked up at each other silently, his face was unreadable.