twenty two

hellooo everyone! in this chapter there will be music involved, so if you would like to, get your streaming app ready, or click on the video above. if you do have spotify, i recommend going to sign of the times by harry styles and setting your equalizer like my example! it's totally fine without the equalizer, i just like the sound of it with the equalizer this way for this scenario.

listen to it when you reach the *

louis parked outside of a theatre, puzzling me

louis parked outside of a theatre, puzzling me. "louis, what's this?" i asked, but he just smirked at me before getting out of the car.

i followed him, grasping his hand as we walked towards the entrance. he pulled out two tickets from his pocket, not letting me see them. i huffed as he whipped them away from my prying gaze, earning a little laugh on his behalf.

we reached the doors, where a man took the tickets, exchanging them for pink wristbands. he wrapped them around our wrists, then he opened the door for us.

it wasn't anything too fancy inside. there was dark hardwood flooring and grey walls, hallways leading off of the main room. right in the middle was a concession stand where you could get popcorn, drinks, candy, cotton candy, and pickles. louis led me right up to it.

"hello!" the boy running our register said, smiling brightly. he ran a hand through his curly brown hair, looking between us. "what can i get for ya?"

louis looked at me, raising his brows slightly. i looked over their menu quickly. "um, we'll have a medium bucket of popcorn, i'll have a medium coke, please."

"i will too." louis added, pulling out his wallet.

the boy told louis his total, about fifteen pounds, and then got us our food and drinks. we said our thanks, i held the bucket of popcorn and my drink. louis put a hand on my elbow, guiding me to our theatre. "this way, love."

i walked close to him, our shoulders brushing before he pushed open theatre two's door. he led me up a few rows of seats, we were sat in the middle of the theatre. middle row, middle seats.

the theatre was about halfway packed with murmuring people who paid us no attention when we sat down.

"it's the best i could do." louis said as we settled in. "i would've gotten closer seats to the stage, but they were taken."

i smiled, taking his hand. "it's okay. promise. i'm just happy to be here with you."

the lights dimmed, it seemed like we made it just in time. the opening to a song started to play.

*

i gasped, looking over at louis with wide eyes as a dancer came onto stage. he lifted up my hand, kissing it gently.

i redirected my gaze to the stage, where the girl, in an elegant white leotard with intricate silver details and a silvery tutu that had a feathery appearance as it fell halfway down her thighs, covering the top portion of her white semitransparent tights, started to dance slowly.

it was beautiful, really. she glided across the stage, sometimes dropping down to the floor gracefully. when the song got to the chorus, her movements became less graceful and light, but felt like they had more meaning to them. she moved more frantically.

i stared up at the stage, my eyes getting watery. this song always did something to me. louis' hand tightened on mine, comforting me.

LOUIS' POV

i looked over at y/n, trying to gauge her reaction. her eyes threatened to spill tears, so i squeezed her hand. her teary eyes followed the girl dancing across the stage in awe.

i wasn't paying too much attention to the girl, but when i looked back on stage she was spinning multiple times as the song reached its peak. i felt a head lean on my shoulder, when i looked over i saw the top of y/n's head.

i leaned my head on top of her's, smiling as the performance came to an end. we both straightened up and clapped.

the rest of the show went by in a blur, it was the opening act i knew she would like. soon enough all of the dancers came back on stage and took a bow as we gave them a standing ovation.

and then we were walking out. i had no clue as to what we were to do next, but i knew that both of us really didn't want to go back to our homes and text the night away just yet.

we made it back to the car, and as i opened her car door y/n grabbed my face and kissed me hard. it took me a moment before i reacted back, softly grabbing her cheeks as i just lost myself to her lips.

it wouldn't be weird if i said i lost myself in the music of her lips, would it? because i did. when i kissed y/n, this girl i came to adore over the weeks i'd been back, it seemed as if music was playing in my ears. not like a defined piano or guitar solo, but something more than that.

like there was a rhythm to how we kissed. it was never the same, but always similar. always us. and it worked.

"oh my god!" someone yelled from nearby. i pulled away from y/n, worried something had happened to someone. my hands fell from her cheeks, her eyes darted around before they landed somewhere.

i looked to where she was looking to see a group of girls gawking at us, one of which was the ballet dancer who performed to sign of the times.

once we caught their gazes they hurried up to us. y/n sat down in her seat, her legs hanging out of the car. i couldn't blame her, i knew she was trying to hide herself a little bit.

"you're louis partridge! and that's your best friend, y/n." the dancer said, pulling out her phone. "i don't really think that's your best friend."

i laughed awkwardly, crossing my arms. "yeah, um..."

"can we get a picture?" one of the other girls butted in, her camera already pulled up.

i smiled awkwardly, nodding. "yeah, quickly, i have plans with y/n."

i heard a scoff within the group of the four girls, but i decided to ignore it. i wasn't going to get myself into trouble.

i pressed myself into their group, smiling as one girl held out her phone. the dancer stood next to me, too close for comfort.

right before the picture was snapped, my head was whipped to the side and the dancer pressed her lips to mine.

i pulled back in shock, my eyes darting to an equally shocked y/n. she slowly stood up out of the car, and then i knew that the girl was fucked.