twenty six

october 4th, 2020
11:25 am

Y/N'S POV

i had woken up only twenty minutes ago, and i needed to get ready to go over to lilia's. i was still kind of iffy on our situation, but i wanted to see what she had to say.

as i got dressed into some jeans and an old t-shirt, louis called me. this picture i took of him smiling, not a smile that he put on for a photo, but a real, genuine smile, popped up on my screen.

i answered and put it on speaker as i brushed through my hair. "hey, louis." i greeted him, focusing on my reflection in the mirror as i fixed up my hair.

"hi, love." he said in a voice that i've come to know as his morning voice. "what're you doing?"

"oh, i'm getting ready to head over to lilia's. she wants to tell my friend group something. i'll be back before dinner, though." i assured him, putting down my hairbrush. "did you just wake up?"

"yeah." he yawned. "have fun. my mother agreed to the dinner, she's going out to buy something to make. or at least, she will."

"great. well listen, i gotta go." i said, slipping my feet into my shoes.

"okay, be safe."

"yeah, yeah. we won't get high and do something stupid. we learned our lesson." i shook my head, talking him off of speaker and sandwiching the phone between my ear and shoulder.

"what?!" he exclaimed in shock. "you've smoked weed?"

"you haven't? louis, i gotta go. see you later, promise." i said, hanging up after he said a very shocked goodbye.

i hurried downstairs, snatching our car keys off of the hook by the door. "i'm going to lilia's!" i shouted, heading out the door.

i get into the car and head towards her house, my mind on what she could possibly have to tell us. if she was being a hypocrite, it means she was hiding something for a while, too.

is she gay?

is she dating someone?

does she like someone?

does she like louis?

no. no way. if she did, though, she couldn't have him. louis wouldn't leave me, he was too loyal. besides, he barely even knows that much about lilia.

i'm lost in thought the whole way there, basically on autopilot. i was worried for what lilia had to say, i was scared it could be something that would jeopardize our friendship.

when i arrived, i parked on the side of the street and got out of the car, going up to her house and knocking on the door. judging by the amount of cars there, i seem to be the last one.

it didn't take long before she answered the door, a closed lip smile crossing her face. "hey, come in." she moved to the side, allowing me to step in. "we're all in the living room."

i made my way to the living room, lilia in tow. the mood in the house was totally ice cold, it seemed as if everybody was slightly on edge when i stepped into the living room.

leo was sitting in a plush arm chair, florence perched on his lap. evan, ralph, and cylia were squished on the couch.

all that was left was a two seater loveseat, so i took the side that was closer to the couch. i propped my
elbow up on the arm, resting my head in the palm of my hand.

lilia came in, nervously wringing her hands. her eyes swept over all of us, resting on ralph before finishing the sweep.

"okay, um." she laughed nervously, extremely quietly. "so, i have two things to say. to tell you guys. number one, i'm.. pan. sexual. pansexual."

nobody said anything. we just watched her. she looked down and swallowed. "um. number two, i guess. i, um, i've been dating ralph for about as long as y/n has been dating louis."

"what?" i exclaimed, jumping up. "so you get pissed at me for hiding my relationship with louis, but here you are, hiding your relationship with him?"

"i'm sorry! yeah, i know i was being a bitch!" she said, stepping away from me. "and i regret it."

i looked over at the rest of the room. "and you guys don't have anything to say?"

florence sighed. "i think that you both had the right to hide your relationships for a little bit, but she shouldn't have been such a hypocrite."

"i agree." cylia said, nodding. "i would've liked to have known sooner, but i get it."

"yeah." evan said, leaning his head back on the couch. "i agree, too."

ralph stood up, opening his mouth to break his silence. "i told her she couldn't tell anyone, so don't blame her."

"nobody is." leo said, arms around florence's hips, wrists resting on her upper thighs. florence leaned back into leo, head resting on the side of his.

i wondered if louis and i would be like that. our relationship was fresh, but leo and florence have been together for a while. they got past their honeymoon phase, and they understood each other so well. it was like they could read each other's minds before the thought ever popped into the other one's head.

"well." i said, plopping back down on the love seat. "back to the pan topic. i'm so happy for you, lilia. i'll always support you."

she smiled at me, clearly grateful. everyone said their agreements, cylia got up and hugged her tightly.

we hung out for a little while longer, catching up. i was just waiting for it to hit four o'clock so i could bust out of there and go to dinner.

it made me seem like a bad friend, and i had no way to deny it. i was just tired of being over there. sometimes, friends become too much.

we watched a quiet place, and as soon as it was over it was nearly four, so i stood up and stretched my arms above my head. "guys, i gotta go, louis' mom is making dinner, and we're gonna tell our families we're dating tonight if they haven't seen my post."

they nodded, bidding me goodbye and wishing me luck.

and i was off, heading back home, preparing to tell our families what they probably already know.

sorry it took forever. i was gonna make cylia meet jack and get in a relationship but not anymore, he's an asshole.