thirty one

sunday november 1, 2020

three weeks later

Y/N'S POV

louis and i were cuddled up on his couch, watching some mindless reality tv show. we weren't really watching it though, as he kept kissing my neck. he would occasionally suck a small part of my skin in between his teeth, earning a hitch of breath from me.

i finally turned my face and brushed my lips against his before capturing his bottom lip between mine, kissing him. i turned my whole body to face him, and he lightly pushed me down to lay on the couch as he hovered over me and kissed me.

this was as intense as we had gotten so far, and i really wasn't complaining. he had never hovered over me and kissed me like this, both of us horizontally parallel to each other.

i ran my hands over his shoulders as he kissed me. i was so elated to be kissed by him, it made me so happy to have his lips on mine. even though we had a huge fight, i felt so happy with him.

his lips moved all over my face, planting tiny kisses all over my cheeks, forehead, eyelids, and nose before they came back down to my lips, kissing harder than before. there was a sense of urgency there, like he would never get to press his lips to mine again. his hands tangled in my hair and ran down the sides of my arms and waist, just getting to know me as if he didn't know me enough already.

suddenly we heard a voice. "agh, get a room!" it was issie. louis broke apart from me, his eyes looking down into mine. i smiled and laughed up at him as he lifted off of me, letting me sit back up.

"sorry." louis said, turning his head to face his sister. she just grinned and shook her head, going into the kitchen.

my phone buzzed rhythmically, signaling i was getting a call. i looked at the caller i.d., and it was my mother. i answered the call. "hello?"

"y/n, come home, please. i have something very important to tell you." she said.

"alright, i'm on my way." i said, standing up off of the couch. i hung up. "i gotta go home, she says she has something important to tell me."

louis stood up, his hands resting on my hips as he leaned in to kiss me. "see you later. i love you."

my heart skipped a beat. "i love you, too." i gave him another quick kiss before i headed towards the front door, then towards my house.

i went in my front door, seeing my mom in the living room. "what's up?"

i sat down next to my visibly upset mother. "you're not going to like this. y/n, i've found a great job opportunity in the states. they pay so much more, and it will help my career out so so much. i even found this great house. y/n, we're moving to pennsylvania."

i could've sworn the world stopped spinning. no, scratch that. she threw my whole world out of orbit. "what? mom, my whole life is here! you can't uproot me like this!"

"do you know how many great opportunities you'll have over there? i'm not particularly fond about leaving my life here, but it will be so much better for the both of us! you only have to finish this year of school, then you can come right back, i promise. or, you can go to college over there! your choices are endless. there's only a few months you absolutely have to stay there, darling." she explained.

"i can't leave louis or my friends." i said quietly, looking down at my lap, fighting back the urge to cry. "they're my whole life."

"i know. i know that. but you don't have a choice. i'm sorry, this is better for us."

"better for us?" i snapped. "or better for you? you didn't even ask me! why couldn't you wait until i'm eighteen?"

"this opportunity may close for me by then! this is the best time. you have no choice, y/n. you're moving with me." she said. "you better start packing your things, i know how long you take. we're leaving next week. i can settle the real estate and sell the house overseas."

"you're fucking ruining my life." i said, hurrying upstairs. i slammed my room door, going to collapse on my bed.

before i did so, i saw the packing boxes on my blankets. i grabbed them and threw them off my bed. i curled up under my blanket, closing my eyes and crying myself to sleep.

-

i woke up to louis shaking me awake. "y/n?"

i opened my stinging eyes to see his face after i blinked a few times. "louis. i have something to tell you."

"your mom already let me know." he said, his mouth turning down into a frown.

"it isn't fair." i mumbled.

"i'm not too happy either, but at least it's only a few months." he said, trying to stay optimistic.

"that's a few months without being with you." i sniffed, pulling him down to lay facing me. "i can't do that."

"i know we won't be together physically, but we can call everyday. figure out the time zones. we can make it work." he said, determined.

i kissed him lightly. "yeah. i just really don't want to do this."

"it'll be okay. i mean, i did this to you, right? all those years ago? at least you're letting me know." he reasoned.

"but now we're more than just friends. you're literally my whole life." i countered, burying my head in his chest. "you mean everything to me."

"mm. you mean the world to me. i would be nowhere without you. i love you so so much, y/n. us being an ocean apart can't change that."

"i just hate her so much for this."

"no. don't say that. you don't hate her. i said the same thing about my dad, even to his face, and it set us back so much. she's doing it for both of your best interests." he said, staring me in the eye.

"ok.. okay. you're right."

"y/n, just know that nothing can ever change how i feel about you. i just want you to remember that you are my whole universe. you define my being. without you i wouldn't be who i am. and us.. we're meant for each other. we have our fights, yes, but that comes in a relationship. it's unavoidable, but the good outweighs the bad. it overpowers it so so much. so..." he said, digging in his pocket. he pulled out a ring with a small purple amethyst stone on top. "y/n, will you promise to always be mine? as long as i'll always be yours?"

louis was my world as much as i was his. he meant everything to me. i couldn't imagine myself anywhere without him, but i knew i would have to spend those long, agonizing months without him. but, i knew no matter what he would always be mine. sure, we were so young, that's a bold assumption to make, but when you know something is right and meant to be, you can't deny it, no matter the age.

and i knew that we would be together forever. this ring was our first step in sealing the deal. "of course."

louis slid the ring onto my finger, pressing his forehead into mine. "i love you."

i smiled and whispered, "save it until i get back."

wow. wow. WOW. that's it. it's over, yall. this book has been such a journey for me. throughout all the title changes, all of the plot changes, everything, you guys have stuck it through. and i can't thank you enough.

unfortunately, there will not be a sequel. i have other projects i'm focusing myself on, and this one is good to end here. imagine your own sequel, if you would like. the possibilities are endless.

i hope you all enjoyed this book. i love you all endlessly.