fifteen

bye bc all the friend zoning that has and will happen

LOUIS' POV

i walked into my english class, my eyes finding the teacher's desk and walking up to her. she looked up at me and smiled. "you must be louis. i already assigned you a seat."

i nodded as she pulled out the seating chart and stood up. i moved back to let her lead me to the desk, and that's when i saw her. y/n. it felt like my heart skipped a beat when we made eye contact. in her eyes i could see a little flicker of hopefulness, but i had no clue as to what it was about.

then i saw the empty desk in front of her. surely someone was absent and that's their spot. surely that's not my spot. i felt like after our disagreement this morning she wanted nothing to do with me.

i assumed she thought i wanted nothing to do with her, which wasn't true at all. she was overreacting earlier, i really did like her. she's my friend. my best friend.

sure enough, the teacher led me down y/n's isle, stopping at the desk right in front of her. y/n's eyes widened dramatically, she wasn't even expecting it.

"here you are. i'm mrs. collins, by the way, but you can call me mrs. c. i don't really mind." she said with a warm smile on her face, but the situation felt cold to me, a chilly wind blasting from every single direction.

i didn't know if y/n was on the same page as me- being friends again. i mean, we were still friends... weren't we? did one fight ruin it all?

i hoped not. not only did i already buy us tickets for something, she was wonderful to be around. nobody else that i'd met was like her.

i sat down in front of her, putting my stuff i had been given down. i only had a textbook, notebook, and a bag of supplies. i still had to go to the library and get a novel for independent reading.

i decided to pass y/n a quick little note that could hopefully explain a little bit. i wasn't really stupid, and i could see how she looked at me sometimes. i assumed i looked at her like that sometimes, too.

she sometimes looked at me as if she liked me. not platonically, either. i sometimes felt that way about her, too, but it was probably just because we've grown up and we reunited just now.

i hadn't known her enough to actually like her in that way. we were merely friends, and that's exactly where we should've been.

i tore a little piece of paper out of my notebook, it was about the size of the palm of my hand. i dug put a pencil and started to write.

olivia is lesbian. just so you know.

i turned around slightly, placing it on the corner of her desk. once i turned back around i heard paper slide around on her desk, and a sharp intake of breath. i smiled, finding her reaction funny even though i couldn't see her.

we went through the whole first period of the english class, taking annotations in our textbooks. finally, after it felt like hours even though it was a mere forty-five minutes, the bell rang for break.

before i got up to leave, i heard y/n. "louis, wait."

i turned around, finding her standing right behind me. i looked down at her, noticing how she was nervously playing with her hands.

before i could stop myself, i reached out and grabbed them, causing her to jump, but her hands stilled. "sorry." i said beginning to draw my hands back.

"no, it's okay. you can leave them if you want." she said tentatively, so my hands stayed on hers.

"um, can you still sit with me on the bus?" she asked, glancing up in my eyes before looking down again.