seventeen

september 23, 2020
the enola holmes release date

LOUIS' POV

my movie came out today, but i wasn't going to watch it until tomorrow with y/n. we made a deal.

we were on the bus, i sat with y/n, and the movie came out right then. "and... it's out!" i shouted, watching the time change to 8:00.

our bus was switched out for some big red bus, and my face was on the side of it. it was sort of embarrassing as y/n and i climbed onto it, our bus driver assured us that the bus was temporary while our normal one was being worked on.

y/n cheered next to me before she did the unexpected. she cupped one of my cheeks, pressing her lips to the other one softly.

my cheeks lit aflame as she pulled back, and my mind rushed back to my ex girlfriend, lulu.

the way y/n kissed my cheek right then reminded me of this girl i hadn't thought about for weeks. lulu would constantly kiss me similarly, no matter where it was on my face.

i felt terrible for thinking of lulu again. when i first moved back, i still loved lulu, but i hadn't even thought about her since y/n and i started to hang out again.

i felt like i was betraying my feelings for y/n. i so obviously liked her, but then i started to think about my ex girlfriend in a way i shouldn't be.

i snapped myself back to the present. stop thinking about the past. she wasn't right for you. y/n is what you should be thinking about.

before october third you need to ask her out or something. make the event you bought the tickets for a date.

my cheeks were burning still, and i just shook it off with a chuckle. "thank you!"

this huge grin was plastered across her face, lighting it up. and it was all because of me. i made her smile like that.

it was unbelievable. there's this great feeling that just washes over you, a wave of euphoria, when you realize you're the reason why someone else is happy.

maybe now's the perfect time to actually ask her to go to the event with me. "y/n..." i started, looking into her eyes, i could feel my lips twitching upwards. "on october third, do you want to go somewhere with me? i already bought the tickets and stuff so if you say no i can get a refund, it's okay, but i mean-"

"louis!" she laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "of course i'll go." she leaned her head on my shoulder, and i caught a whiff of her honey scented shampoo.

fuck.

i leaned my cheek on the top of her head, closing my eyes as we just fell into each other. if people just looked at us, they'd assume we're dating, most likely.

after all, the look in my eyes could not just be labeled as a boy looking at his best friend. it was as clear as day, i bet everyone could see it. everyone but y/n, she seemed oblivious.

that was killing me.

the bus pulled to a stop outside of the school, opening its doors for us to spill out of it. we got up, slowly filing off of the bus.

only ten seconds after y/n and i walked inside the school, i was bombarded. olivia came up and gave me the biggest hug ever, saying how happy she was for me.

y/n had actually gotten over olivia, and they're friends now. they both apologized to each other, surprisingly. they both had huge egos.

amandla came up, slapping me on the back. "congrats, louis! i'll be watching it after classes today."

andres joined them, i still wasn't over how he looked at y/n. y/n still smiled at him politely and joked with him, but she seemed to back off since the day in the gym.

andres patted me on the backs, giving me a small "congratulations" with his infuriatingly contagious smile.

i smiled back at him, nodding in thanks. y/n grabbed onto my upper arm, trying to not get separated from me.

she did that often, scared that the students would sweep her away from me. she had this look in her eyes, when she looked up at me it was like she was pleading to stay with me.

i never let her get away from me when she was like that. the look in her eyes melted me every single time. my heart turned to mush, and i just felt the urge to protect her.

my y/n.

no. not yours.

you aren't together yet.

yet.

or you won't be together. you never know, louis.

we made our way to science, the bell close to ringing. i was still partners with olivia, y/n with lilia. we didn't want to change it, we were okay with our other friends.

though i didn't want to be away from her.

i felt clingy. too clingy.

stop thinking you need to always be with her. give her space otherwise she'll want to get away from you.

so, i plastered a smile on my face as i sat down next to olivia, who was rapidly texting her girlfriend, ingrid. i pulled out my homework from last night, setting it on my desk with a mechanical pencil.

i heard a peal of laughter from across the room, it was lilia. she was laughing at someone y/n had said, y/n was also shaking with laughter but i couldn't hear her.

i was dying to know what she said, but whenever lilia looked over at me, making eye contact, she started to laugh more.

y/n then looked over at me, her eyes sparkling as her mouth slowly widened into a small grin, her eyes looking downwards before looking back up at me again.

i let out a real smile now, not what i walked into the room with.

that's what y/n did to me. she could make me smile
so easily, and it drove me mad. this girl had complete control over me.

if she was in a bad mood, so was i.

if her day was amazing, so was mine.

if she argued with a friend, i did too.

if she was crying over a song, i was too. at least on the inside.

if y/n loved me, i loved her too.

I WAS GOING TO DO A THANK YOU FOR 2K READS BUT BEFORE I EVEN PUBLISHED THIS CHAPTER, WITHIN TWO DAYS, WE HIT 3K. WHAT?!? THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH, I LOVE YOU GUYS.