Chapter 7

A few weeks later, Elsie was woken up by feeling a surge of water crashing down on her face. She sat up suddenly while gasping for air, and quickly opened her eyes to scan her surroundings.

A smirking Marlene was standing over her bed with her face placed right in front of Elsie's, "Good morning, sleepyhead." Alice was sitting on her bed laughing hysterically.

"McKinnon, you have about 3 seconds to run before I cut all your bloody hair off," Elsie playfully seethed at the blonde-haired girl. Marlene's eyes widened in shock while gasping, "You wouldn't dare!"

Elsie shot out of bed while grabbing her wand.

"3..."

"Els... Elsie don't do this, I didn't mean-,"

"2..."

"ELSIE!"

"1..."

"WAIT, WAIT...," Marlene pleaded waving her hands in surrender, "I just woke you up because we have Quidditch try outs in an hour!"

"Oh! Well why didn't you say so!" Elsie put her wand down and skipped over to Marlene, kissing her on the cheek. "I'd never cut off your hair, by the way," Elsie winked at her.

"Bloody psycho that one is," Marlene grumbled jokingly rolling her eyes.

"I don't know how I put up with either of you," Alice giggled.

Elsie quickly got ready, throwing her wet hair into a high pony tail and changing into her Gryffindor quidditch robes. Her, Marlene, and Alice linked arms and skipped all the way down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"Hey Lils!" They all greeted at the same time, sitting down with her at the Gryffindor table.

"Hey! Els, Mar, you guys ready for tryouts?" Lily asked while biting into a piece of toast.

"Hell yeah! I can't wait to win the cup this year. It has to be us!" Elsie excitedly exclaimed, pumping a fist into the air.

"That's the spirit, Tibbles! Especially since you have an amazing captain this year," James said with a smirk while sitting down, seeing that all 4 boys had just showed up at the Hall.

Elsie scoffed, "Yeah, yeah. Don't get a big head already."

The table giggled at this as Lily chimed in, "Do you think there will be a big turn up?"

James' face glowed after seeing that Lily directed her question at him.

"Well, I hope so. We pretty much have a set team, but we definitely will need reserves and a new keeper since Wood graduated last year," he stated.

"Well, at least you'll have a smoking hot commentator," Sirius smirked.

"I didn't know Moony was the commentator, Pads," Elsie joked with the group, sending a wink towards Remus.

"Ha, ha. Very funny. I was talking about me you git," Sirius pointed his fork at her while rolling his eyes. The whole group laughed at the two bickering students.

Suddenly, the Great Hall doors opened and a pink-haired Rory McLaggen walked in, a small brunette tucked under his arm. He winked at her as she walked away from him.