Chapter 56

James stood anxiously in front of the door, ideas running through his mind about what to say. He brought his fist up to knock, but instead kept his hand floating in the air in hesitation. Do I really have to do this? I mean I could just- No. No, I have to do this for Elsie.

In a much more confident manner, his knuckles lightly banged against the door three times. As he heard shuffling, his nerves began to kick up again. When the door opened, James was staring directly into the eyes of a confused Rory McLaggen.

"She's not here, Potter," he casually commented while beginning to shut the door on James' face.

The spectacled boy quickly placed a hand on the door to prevent it from closing while quickly speaking, "I'm not looking for Elsie."

McLaggen looked at him funnily, until his facial expression normalized and he spoke again, "Longbottom isn't here either."

Rory began to shut the door once again, but was stopped another time by James' hand, "I'm not looking for him."

The boy standing in the room put a hand on his hip sassily and raised an eyebrow at James, "Didn't know you and Jay were friends. He just left."

"Well, actually-," James stuttered out while scratching the back of his neck, one hand still placed on the door.

"Bloody fuck," Rory exclaimed all of a sudden cutting him off, a sly smirk forming on his face as he crossed his arms over his chest, "The great James Potter has come to talk with me, hasn't he?"

"Unfortunately," James grumbled while pushing past McLaggen and walking into the room, listening as the door shut behind the two boys.

Rory made his way over to the desk in his room, pushing his things out of the way and hopping up to sit on top of it. He looked at a pacing James, that smug smirk still on his face, and chuckled cockily.

"So, let me get this straight," he spoke out sarcastically while comfortably sitting with his legs spread open, "After all this time of you hating me and keeping me away from Elsie, you suddenly decide to willingly come and talk to me?"

James shyly nodded his head yes while continuing to pace around the room, as Rory simply kept looking at him. He raised his eyebrow, partly in curiosity and partly in amusement at James' actions, and commented, "And to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I-I...well, erm... I-," the messy-haired boy nervously spoke, not knowing how to voice the thoughts in his head.

"Godric, I know I'm good looking but there's no reason to get flustered around me," Rory tutted, finding this entire situation amusing, "You flatter me, Potter."

"Very funny, McLaggen," James bitterly retorted before verbalizing his thoughts, "I need help with Elsie."

"What about her?" He curiously asked the boy who had just stopped pacing and was now looking directly at him.

"I want to be with her her, but I-I've messed up a lot and I've hurt her-,"

"Yeah, no kidding," Rory teasingly rolled his eyes, sarcastically cutting him off.

"Oi, bugger off with that bullshit. Can you just be serious with me at least for Elsie's sake?" James frustratingly pleaded with the boy sitting in front of him, his hands dramatically thrown in the air.

"I can't be Sirius," he playfully winked at James, not heeding his words at all, "That's the git you call your friend."

James threw his hands down to his side and disappointedly shook his head while storming towards the door, "I knew this was a mistake."