Chapter 32

A little present for you all. Hope you all have a very Happy new year. Thank you for always being supportive. Love you all.
Akanksha

~~~~

"My love is not blind, it sees only you. My love does not sparkle, it's dark like my thoughts to possess you. My love is scary and if you are scared, good. I revel in it."
Gabriel Victor.

Akira
.........

I wake up abruptly feeling something brushing against my hair.

As soon I blink my eyes open, they connect with the wrinkled and tired looking ones.

"Grandma!"

Her expression grimaces and I realise how loud I just screamed, so I try to tone it down.

"Oh my God! Grandma, you're up. I can't believe it. How are you feeling? Do you need something? Do you want me to call doctor? Of course, you do, I'm just gonna-"

I shut down when she raises her palm up slowly and motions me toward her.

I lean forward until we are almost touching each other only then she whispers, "Akira Mary Ray, A lady should not shout like that."

I blink.

Once.

Twice.

Then I throw my head back and laugh aloud.

Only Elizabeth Ray would tell me to behave like a lady just after coming back from her almost death.

The door burst open, revealing Romero.

He reaches me in two step, pulling me to him, "I heard you scream. Baby, are you okay? What's-- are you laughing?" He looks confused, probably because he hasn't seen grandma yet.

"Romero, look." I point toward her.

He stills and then releases a sigh of what could only be relief. "Oh, thank fuck!"

I laugh harder.

Typical Romero.

I can't seem to control myself as I hug him tightly. "She made it, Rom. She is okay. I can't believe, God, I just-"

"I know, baby. I know."  He soothes and I believe him.

We pull apart and face grandma again, this time she has a faint smile on and she looks in peace.

Romero bends to press a button to notify the doctor, I think.

She once again raises her palm, and I lean down, "This boy is good, I'm proud of your choice."

I smile back.

So am I grandma.

"I am going to call Logan and Bella. They have gone to bring us coffee. I'll be right back, okay?" I tell her.

I glance to Romero and he nods.

I sprint out of room, happiness and euphoria flowing trough my entire being.

Romero
............

Elizabeth gestures me to sit on the chair Ray had occupied previously as soon she exits the room.

"My Flower is in danger."

I feel myself go stiff at first then uncontrollable fury threatens to erupt and destroy everything that has even least possibility of hurting my girl.