Chapter - 7

Okay so I am back since some of you were going to call cops about a missing case. I'm here and I'm totally fine as you can see er.. read.

One more thing I am active on my instagram account, akankshajais123. I post snippets of new chapters there, just like I have of chapter eight. If you want, you can follow me there!

Enjoy!

……

Akira

Frozen on the spot, I can't seem to move my legs. I blink but the scene doesn't change. I'm going to be sick.

"Akira!"

Sydney's shout comes before she appears by my side, "Why did you scream? Is everything- What the fuck is this?!"

On my bed is a dead cat with its head snapped open.

Sydney inches forward to bed while I stand motionlessly. Who could it be? Who could be so cruel to do this to an innocent animal?

"Oh my God! Akira, look what's written over here."

I don't move.

I couldn't move.

She grips my hand and pulls me near to bed. I take one glimpse of the words and run for Sydney's washroom.

Rushing inside I throw up.

Oh my God!

What kind of sick joke is this? Killing an animal and writing a message by its blood.

I'm watching you.

Who is watching me? What could I have possibly done to them? I don't even have anyone hating me. Do I? What does that person want from me?

"Akira?" Syd knocks on the door.

With the trembling hands I wipe my face. I glance at the pale, hollow looking girl in the mirror and give into the urge to vomit again.

"Are you okay?" Sydney's comes to me as soon I exit the bathroom.

"I'm fine."

I'm not.

"What sick person would something like that? It's horrible, Gosh! What do we do now? Do I call cops?" She sounds anxious and scared.

I'm terrified too.

"Syd, I don't know what to do. What I just saw- I can't.."

The vision of the dead cat flashes behind my eyes before black dots envelope them.

"Akira!"

I let the darkness sweep me away from the reality.

"Ira? Honey? Where are you?"

Mummy?

"Sweetheart come here. It's time to cut cake."

Daddy?

"Ila! Come fast or I will cut youl cake."

Jake?

Where are they? Where am I? I look around and find myself in my old home. The home where I used to live with my family before they died.

"Akira!"

"I'm coming!" A child's shrilly voice rings throughout the room and I notice a girl, not just any girl but smaller version of me runs past me.