Chapter - 21

Follow my insta account akankshajais123 to get early sneak peeks!

Important: Next chapter ie Chapter 22 has been updated on inkitt. You can check it out through the link give on my bio:-)
~~~~~

Akira
---------

"Oh my."

I hear a surprised gasp behind me.

Turning around I question, "How do I look?"

"You always look beautiful, Miss Ray but goodness, today you take stunning to a different level. You look absolutely marvelous." Martha replies with her ever present smile.

I groan, "Martha, how many times do I need to say it before you start calling me by my name."

"Hmm, I've not thought about it yet. I will let you know when I do think about it."

"I'm serious."

"So am I."

Ugh!

I give up.

For now that is.

This is far from over.

We have been having this conversation regularly for this past week, where I would ask her to call me by name and she'd insist upon calling me Miss Ray.

Even Romero told me give it up because he had already tried to stop Martha from calling him Young Master but no changes whatsoever in past fifteen years.

I guess if I continue to pester her she might listen to me in next twenty years or so.

I'll just have to keep trying.

And I kind of like having this conversation with her, it's fun and it makes me recall lots of similar conversation I've had with my grandma.

That reminds me, I've to call her before going for the party.

"Just know that Martha, one day you will have to give up." I promise.

Her returning grin is mischievous, "We will see, Miss Ray."

I roll my eyes.

Whatever.

"Is Rom free yet?" I change the subject.

"Ah, that is what I came here to tell you. Young Master said it will take him just fifteen minutes to complete the call. Old age is catching up with me. I keep forgetting everything."

I narrow my eyes at that, "You don't forget to call me Miss Ray though."

"I know. Have fun at the party." With that said she exits Rom's room.

Dammit!

Our room.

I have been practicing it for past week but sometimes it just slips and if Rom is there to hear that, he never forgets to correct me.

The past week has been nothing less than a dream for me.

Living with the love of one's life is an experience one must have in their life. It changes the whole meaning of the relationship.

Waking up to Romero's face and seeing the same face before sleeping gives a security blanket where I can just be myself, knowing that he is there and nothing and no one can hurt me.

And our routine is also compatible. We go to college and come back together, we do breakfast and lunch together, and he drops me off to the library where I spend more time planning Mr. Jacob's wedding than I do with books. Romero then picks me up from there and we have dinner, sometimes we also go out for movie or on a date. Coming back home, I do some assignments while he does his business work or whatever he does in his office.