Chapter - 50

Akira
---------

And I immediately regret it.

I shouldn't have barged in.

I should have knocked the door.

The scene in front reminds me a scene of my favorite show.

A scene where Phoebe screams my eyes, my eyes! after catching Monica and Chandler doing it against a window.

At that time I thought she was overreacting but right now, I really want to scream My Eyes!

And so I do it.

"My eyes!" It's not really the scream I was going for but kind of a high shrilled squeal that is sharp on ears.

Now my eardrums!

With a surprised gasp, the woman untangles herself from Dante and the pair turn to me, my eyes involuntarily roam over mostly exposed body of brunette who is trying to cover herself with what is left of her clothes, her mortified expression would've been funny if it was being displayed on a tv show but it's not so I tear my gaze away from her and collide it with the mildly irritated and majorily amused ones of Dante. They travel down toward the opened buttons of his shirt and before they could go further south, I spinned around, aiming for the door.

I don't want to have that image of my boyfriend's uncle.

Just as I reach out, his voice stops my movement, his tone mocking, "Stop right there, Ray."

Simmering down my instinctive response of telling him to not call me that, I wait.

I hear some shuffling and then a light slap, "Don't worry, sweets. We will continue this after I see to what Ms. prude here wants."

Sweets?

I cringe a little.

I think she is more worried about the show they are putting on than about them continuing it later.

More shuffling and then the woman is walking past me, draped in what once might have looked an elegant work suit. She avoids my eyes, embarrassment clear on her cheeks in the form of dark red spots, mutters an 'excuse me' and leaves the office hurridly.

"You can turn around now."

Wanting to be sure, I ask, "Are you decent yet? I don't want to see-"

"What? My dick?"

Jesus.

"Your willy nilly!" I snap back, stupiditly.

Real classy, Ray.

He laughs, "My what? Fuck, you're amusing, no wonder my nephew likes to keep you around."

Keep me around.

As if I'm some sort of dog for entertainment purpose.

When I don't move, he sighs loudly, "Turn around. Your eyes are safe now." Complying, I do so and then my safe eyes narrowed on their own accord when I find his shirt still unbuttoned, he smirks at my reaction and adds, "Mostly safe, anyway."

Mostly safe is right.

At least his bottom part is covered this time.

Pushing himself off the couch, he saunters to the side of the room where a bar has been set and goes behind it. Pulling a bottle off a cabinet, he pours some in a glass. "Would you like some?"

"I'm good."

He shrugs, steps out of the bar and takes a seat on stool in front of it. "So what's up? And don't tell me you are here to give me shit about earlier because if you are, save it. There is no way in hell I would have come between that boy and his toy."