Chapter 23

Next chapter that is chapter 24 is up on inkitt. Go check it out.

Follow my insta account: akankshajais123 for early sneak peaks!

•••••

Akira
---------

"Since when have you known it?" I question further when he stays silent for a while.

Romero sighs, probably thinking he won't be able to get around this, "Since your birthday."

So that day when Damon said he told Rom his reasons, he was talking about our relation.

And I understand why Rom wasn't able to tell me then because of what happen that day but surely he could have said something since we got back together.

"And you didn't think to tell me about it?"

He gives me a look before pressing a button and putting on the partisan between us and Derek.

"Ray, after what happened between us, telling you about your half brother wasn't exactly in my priority list where getting you back in my life topped the list. And he himself told you about it before I could even think of it. I was actually waiting for you to talk to me about it but you didn't so-"

Hold on.

"Wait what?"

"What, what?"

"How did you know Damon told me that?"

He scoffs, "Come on Ray, did you really think you saw me that day by chance?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean it wasn't exactly a coincidence that I was there with Malina the same day, same street where you were with Damon."

"You were stalking me?!" I nearly burst out.

Oh my God!

What's up with these people?

It seems like everyone is just stalking me, having me followed or keeping tabs on me.

Is there any privacy left at all?

He doesn't look guilty at all, if anything he looks more irritated than that, "I wouldn't say stalking per say rather my over concern. I knew you were meeting and I figured out he was about tell you. I knew how much sensitive you are about your family so I wanted to be there in case you needed me."

I remember him being there with that pretty psychologist and me feeling my heart breaking into tiny pieces because I thought Rom had moved on.

"So Malina-"

He cuts me off, "My session was due with her so I asked her to meet me there she agreed."

I become silent after that.

Sometimes it's scary how far he goes or could go for me.

But I think I would do the same for me and that alone is enough to remove the scary factor for me.

Maybe for some it wouldn't be normal or toxic even, our relationship that is, but then again we are not exactly normal either.

We were falling in love before we even went on first date, we have had experienced everything in this short span, from jealousy, insecurities, lies, fight, episodes, crazy stalker, break up.

"I came after you, you know." He murmurs after few minute like a confession.

"Huh?"

"That day after you saw us, you looked like I broke your heart again, there was so much pain that I couldn't see in your eyes but I could feel it. When you turned your back on me, I couldn't help it, I just followed you."