Chapter - 9

Hey there!
Do me a favor and color the star on your screen and type a pretty comment on that box! ;-)
Enjoy!

......

Romero

My phone's ringing wakes me up.

Fuck!

Blinking my eyes open I shut it off instantly, afraid it would alarm my Ray. Glancing at her I see her sleeping soundlessly.

Thank fuck!

Checking over the screen, I find it's my PI. I message him, instead of calling back. 'Tell me your update.'

I receive an instant reply, 'I have got all the information. Do you need me to bring it to you?'

I type back, 'Don't bring it here. I will meet you in an hour at my hotel.'

Shoving my phone into my pocket I let my eyes roam over my Ray. She looks so peaceful, sleeping like a child, guarded in a cocoon. I clutch my fingers tightly when the need to touch her overwhelms me.

Motherfucker.

I fucking hate not being able to touch her whenever I want to. It's torture.

She is mine, goddammit!

I fight the urge to laugh bitterly. She thinks I have some other girlfriend. Doesn't she know that she still is my girl and would always be. Does she has so little faith in our love?

My beautiful girl, you just need to take one step forward and I'll cover the rest of them.

One step, Ray. Come to me.

She is stubborn little thing and I know she'd take her sweet little time before giving in. I hope like fuck she'd do it before I loss my patience and haul her myself.

Sighing in frustration, I straighten up from the chair and bend down to kiss her forehead.

'I love you, Ray.'

I get my ass out of the room before my resolve could break down.

• • •

Akira

Hot sun rays peek inside the curtain forcing me to squint my eyes. Reluctantly I open them and pull myself out of the peaceful sleep. I haven't slept this harmonious in so long and coming out of it is like leaving heaven.

"Good afternoon, Miss. Ray."

I blink at the sound and sit up. Martha is the real culprit of disturbing my sleep, she is removing the drapes from the glass door. I can't even do anything about it knowing the woman has every bit of good intentions.

"Good afternoon, Martha. What time is it?" I mumble sleepily, rubbing my eyes.

"Its one pm. How are you feeling now?" She comes to stand beside a chair placed near bed.

The same chair Romero used to sit and stare me. My mind wonders for moment if he occupied it last night as well.

Don't be silly!

And I immediately dismissed the idea. Why would he watch me when he has new girlfriend?

I muster up a smile, "I'm fine. Please sit down and tell me how are you?"

She smiles back brightly and sits on the chair, "I'm good and extremely happy that you're back with Young Master."

Oh.

I shake my head, "I'm not back with him, well not like that anyway."

Her smile disappears, "Oh. I thought... forgive me but I thought you both are back together. Young Master hasn't been same since you left him. During the first month he had turned worst than he was before he met you. He spent most of his time drinking and staring at a paper, he even fired Paul."